Follow our steps on How to cook a Moist Roast Turkey. And a chart on How long to cook a Turkey and Turkey Cooking Time per lb for a perfect Roast Turkey.
How Long to Cook a Turkey per lb at 325 degrees F:
How to cook a Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Check that the bird is completely thawed out.
- Remove the neck and giblets (gizzard, liver, and heart) from the cavity of the bird. Rinse the thawed turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter on stovetop or low power in the microwave. Brush the entire turkey with the melted butter, season with the dried sage, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Place the turkey in the preheated oven and roast according to the above chart. (Approximately 15 minutes per pound for an unstuffed Turkey). Tent with foil to prevent the turkey from becoming overly brown.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature of your turkey about 30 minutes before being done. Continue to cook until the thickest part of the thigh is 185 degrees, and the breast is 170 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let it rest at least 20 minutes to redistribute the juices before carving.
If you enjoyed this recipe on How to Roast Moist Roast Turkey
Old Fashioned Cloverleaf Dinner Rolls
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.