EMake an easy Chicken Noodle Casserole using rotisserie chicken. Or use leftover turkey and noodles for a delicious Turkey Noodle casserole. This leftover Turkey Noodle recipe is one of our family favorites!
This Chicken Noodle Casserole is a quick and easy dish made from a rotisserie chicken. And turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving would also be delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This Chicken Noodle Recipe or Turkey Noodle Recipe is one that you and your family will love. It’s amazingly simple and makes a great casserole that will be on the table in under an hour.
Tip: You can keep a bag or two of frozen veggies in the freezer. It’s a great help when you need a meal are in a hurry. These frozen veggies are cooked and can be easily added to so many recipes like this Chicken Noodle Recipe.
What in this Turkey or Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken or leftover turkey
- 12 ounce box of bowtie pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 ounce package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- black pepper
- Shredded cheese for topping, optional
- Large Skillet
- 9 X 13 Casserole Dish
- Pasta Cooker or large pot to cook pasta
How to Make this turkey or chicken noodle casserole
To start this easy Casserole, melt butter in a large skillet add a bag of frozen vegetables and heat. As soon as they are hot, add flour, stir and continue stirring until the flour is cooked.
Pour in milk and heat to boiling stirring often and continue to cook and stir until it’s thick and bubbly. Add both cans of cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
Add chopped cooked chicken or turkey to skillet and stir well to combine. Gently add cooked pasta, salt, and pepper and gently stir to blend.
Pour the mixture into a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Bake your chicken noodle casserole at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted, optional.
This delicious Chicken Noodle Casserole is very easy to prepare. It’s a great weeknight dinner idea using cooked chicken, or a rotisserie chicken. Or we love it using leftover turkey as a Turkey Noodle Casserole after Thanksgiving.
Other leftover recipes:
- Leftover Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- Leftover Turkey and Swiss Sliders
- Potato Patties
- 25 Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Click HERE to save this Turkey and Noodles Recipe to Pinterest
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Boil bowtie pasta, according to package directions, until just al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add ¼ cup of butter and heat over medium heat, until melted. Add frozen vegetables, and cook until just thawed.
- Add 6 tbsp flour and mix well. Cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in milk, and bring mixture to a boil. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium heat, frequently stirring, until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken or turkey, cream of chicken soups, sour cream, and salt and pepper (to taste, I prefer to be generous, this makes a big dish). Mix until well combined.
- Add in cooked, drained pasta, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into your 9x13 pan and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until casserole is thoroughly heated through.
- Optional, top with shredded cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted.