This Chili Lime Corn is grilled corn on the cob in foil for a delicious chili lime buttered corn recipe. We also talk about how long to grill corn on the cob.
We believe summer is not complete if watermelon and corn on the cob are missing. There is nothing like throwing a few ears of fresh corn on the grill and having all that butter drip off your chin as you are cleaning up the corn from the cob.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
How to Make Grilled Corn on the cob in foil:
You will need lime, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper for this buttered corn recipe. And also a few sheets of foil plus a zester for lime like our favorite zester shown above. And we believe it’s better than the grater type because it makes cool strings of pure lime zest without cutting into that bitter white part.
Mix the softened butter with the chili powder and lime zest and add a touch of cayenne pepper. Then brush it on each ear of corn covering them completely. This butter mixture really brings this grilled corn to a higher level of flavor for a great buttered corn recipe.
You can either brush on all the chili lime butter mixture now or just use half of it and save the rest for when the corn comes off the grill. We use a plain little pastry brush for applying the butter mixture, not crazy about those new silicone ones. After you apply the chili butter, wrap the corn ears in sheets of foil. But remember to make make sure the foil is completely closed so the butter doesn’t leak out.
How long to grill corn on the cob:
Grilled corn on the cob in foil is sometimes hard to judge how long to leave it on the grill. The secret to great grilled corn is turning it often. You need to grill it for about 25 minutes and turn it several times during this time on a med-high grill.
Other Picnic and Grilling Recipes:
- 13 of the Best Grilling Recipes and Grilling Tips
- DIY BBQ Condiments Labels
- BBQ Baby Back Applewood Ribs
Click HERE to save this Chili Lime Corn Recipe to Pinterest
Chili Lime Corn
- BBQ Tongs
- Aluminum Foil
- Lime Zester
- In a small bowl, whip together 2 tablespoons of the butter with the lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, very lightly brush corn with the chili lime buttery spread, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each ear in aluminum foil and place on a med-high grill. Grill for about 25 minutes, turning several times until done to your satisfaction. (Some like it charred and others do not).
- Remove from heat and unwrap the foil. Top with cheese (optional) and serve with slices of lime for additional flavor.