When it’s time to fire up the grill and grill out it’s no time to go light. Either go big on the flavor or go home is what we believe. We are Texans, meat sizzling on the grill is a must, either marinated steaks, grilled chicken, juicy burgers, or flavorful kabobs will win the day with us.
Here are some suggestions of main dish grilling recipes to get you started on your summer grilling. Or to make a big splash for that last cookout of the season before you put that grill away for the winter.
But you may be lucky enough to live somewhere where you have several winter days that the sun comes out and inspires you to grill out, again and again, all year long.
But before you grill out, read these Grilling Tips:
- Clean your grill with a long handle Grill Brush-BRISTLE FREE. Heat grill and brush to remove all leftover particles and grime prior to cooking.
- Oil the grill with high temp cooking oil using either a long handle oil brush or a Griller Grate Oiler Brush
- Go for the convenience and use a Grill Basket for small food like mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Or this same basket can be used for Salmon or a smoky flavored stirfry.
- Always use an Instant Read Waterproof Thermometer and for those larger cuts like brisket this Wireless Remote Digital Food Meat Thermometer so the food is cooked to the perfect temperature. Who wants to waste money and have either undercooked or dried out dinner.
- For the ease of handling cuts of meat especially those large roasts or briskets a good set of bbq gloves that protect you from the fingers past the wrist is a must for us.
- Assorted Heavy duty Grill tools in a dustproof case, because as the hubby says, use the right tool for the right job!
- A Yeti vacuum sealed stainless steel Colster to allow the chef/Cook/BBQ guru to keep his/her beverage cold. Hubby says this should have been the first tip!
Over 13 Grilling Recipes and Things to cook on the Grill
It’s time for some Grilling Tips and Recipes to make this grilling season the best ever. If you are like us you can’t wait to fire up those grills and grill out.
Hope you enjoyed these Grilling Recipes
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.