Margarita grilled chicken tacos made with a tequila lime marinade. And these tequila lime chicken tacos are filled with grilled tequila lime chicken breast. And this tequila lime marinade is so very easy and makes margarita grilled chicken breast moist and delicious.
How to make Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Breast with a Tequila Lime Marinade
Mix and place the mixture of tequila, lime, and spice marinade in a ziplock baggie or better yet a marinade container. Add the chicken breasts and place in the refrigerator and marinate overnight. Remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat or heat up a grill pan on the stove.
Remove the chicken breasts from the tequila lime marinade and dispose of the marinade. Place chicken on the hot grill or grill pan. Turn several times and cook until juices run clear and it is completely cooked.
Allow the margarita grilled chicken breasts to rest before slicing. This Tequila Lime Chicken recipe makes the best chicken for tacos. But the whole breast could be served with a side of Texas Pinto Beans and Green Chile Cheese Bread.
But our favorite way to serve this margarita grilled chicken is shredded or chopped in a warm tortilla. You could use either corn or flour tortillas. This plate of Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos is simple and served with fresh sliced jalapenos, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
If you enjoyed these margarita grilled chicken tacos then:
Margarita Grilled Chicken Tacos
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of clear wrap and pound with a meat hammer until 1/4th to 1/2 inch thick
- Mix the marinade ingredients (first 9 ingredients) in a bowl and then pour into a zip-lock bag or marinade container
- Add the pounded chicken breasts to the bag and seal
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours. Note: if using zip lock bags place in a bowl to prevent spills.
- Remove from the fridge and grill the chicken breasts for 7-8 minutes per each side until done. Discard marinade.
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.