This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Carne Asada means “grilled meat” in English but its so much more than that. Skirt steak that has been seasoned by a carne asada marinade. And it’s then grilled with char and sliced against the grain, rolled in a heated tortilla with plenty of toppings. It’s a little bit of heaven.
Carne Asada Marniade
- Rinse the steak and pat dry
- In a medium bowl, combine the juice of 4 of the lemons, the minced bell pepper, garlic, jalapeños, teriyaki sauce, sugar and salt. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place the meat in a large marinade dish and pour the marinade over it
- Slice the remaining lemon into thin rounds and place in the marinade
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the meat from the sauce and dispose of the sauce.
- Grill the meat over a medium high flame for 6-8 minutes on each side. The meat should be barely pink inside.
- Remove from fire, let rest 5 minutes, then slice into diagonal strips against the grain of the meat.
- Serve in tortillas and garnish with avocado slices and plenty of pico de gallo
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.