Make this one pot chicken and mushroom cacciatore recipe. Plus suggestions on what to serve with this rich chicken cacciatore.
Make this Italian chicken cacciatore in one pot for an easy weeknight dinner. Even though its a quick dish, there is no loss of those rich flavors of an authentic chicken cacciatore.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
One Pot chicken Cacciatore Recipe:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red wine
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Large Deep Skillet
- Sharp Knife
- Green Garlic Chopper
How to make chicken and mushroom cacciatore:
Start you chicken cacciatore by preparing the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms and onions, cut the bell pepper into strips. And mince the garlic cloves.
What to serve with Chicken Cacciatore:
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Over the pasta of your choice
- with rice
- Italian Salad
- Crusty Bread
Other Italian Recipes:
Don’t forget to Pin this One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Cacciatore to Pinterest
One Pot Chicken and Mushroom Cacciatore
- Start your chicken cacciatore by preparing the vegetables. Slice the mushrooms and onions, cut the bell pepper into strips. And mince the garlic cloves.
- Add a couple tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, add to skillet and cook until brown. Remove chicken to plate and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add additional olive olive, sliced onions, oregano, rosemary and bay leaf and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- When the onions are tender and golden brown, add garlic and stir sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms, and bell peppers to the skillet and sauté, adding more olive oil if needed. Sauté until the vegetables are soft, brown and caramelized.
- Add the red wine, tomato sauce, and chicken broth and bring to a boil to make the cacciatore sauce.
- Reduce heat and return the chicken to the pot of cacciatore sauce, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and turn the chicken pieces over. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes until chicken is done and registers an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Serve this one pot chicken cacciatore with the sauce on top of the chicken breasts.