Make these Mexican Steak Tacos with our marinade recipe for flank steak tacos. This is a California style carne asada tacos recipe that makes authentic Mexican Tacos.
How to Make Authentic Mexican Tacos:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 pounds of flank steak or thinly sliced steak
- 12 corn tortillas
Steak Taco Toppings
- lettuce, sliced
- tomato, chopped
- guacamole or avocado slices
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces grated jack or cheddar cheese
- sour cream, optional
- salsa, optional
How to make Mexican Steak Tacos
Mix in the salt and pepper and stir until very well blended.
Place the steak in a marinade container or a large plastic storage bag and pour in the marinade mixture. Then seal and place the bag inside a bowl to avoid leakage and chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
Place steak on cutting board then slice into thin strips against the grain. When the meat is sliced against the grain it makes a more tender filling for these Mexican Steak Tacos.
Other Mexican Recipes:
Don’t Forget to Pin this Mexican authentic Mexican Steak Taco recipe
Authentic Mexican Steak Tacos
Steak Taco Toppings
- lettuce sliced
- tomato chopped
- avocado slices
- 3 green onions sliced
- 6 oz grated jack cheese or cheddar
- sour cream optional
- salsa optional
- Guacamole optional
- Add the olive oil and the vinegar in a small bowl or in a glass 2 cup measuring cup. Measure out and add sugar, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place the steak in a marinade container or a large plastic storage bag and pour in the marinade mixture. Place the bag inside a bowl to avoid leakage and place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove the marinated steak from the fridge and let come to room temperature. (about 30 minutes).
- Heat your grill or grilling cast-iron skillet and grill steak until it’s med-rare or to your desired doneness. Remove, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes then slice the steak into thin strips, slicing against the grain.
- Serve by filling the tortillas with the steak pieces, lettuce, tomato, green onion, avocado or guacamole or salsa.