We didn’t grow up eating grilled fruit, our fathers would have looked at us in disbelief if anyone had ever mentioned throwing a peach on the grill. Grills were for steaks, burgers, and hot dogs or sausages! You know, man food! Maybe a potato thrown in the coals of a campfire but never a peach on the grill.
But we have learned that grilling fruit brings out an intense sweetness and adds a smoky flavor which can’t be beaten.
Start with firm ripe fresh peaches, cut into halves and remove the pit removed. Light up the grill or heat up a grill pan on the stove.
Spray the peach halves with a cooking spray or brush with olive oil and grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Spoon honey on the warmed fruit and top with pecans and feta cheese to make a dessert or a side dish.
I believe we could have turned our fathers into grilled peach lovers with this flavorful dish. Who could deny themselves a sweet smoky peach topped with honey, pecans and feta cheese?
Grilled Peaches with Honey, Pecans, and Feta Cheese
- 4 Fresh Peaches sliced in half and pitted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Spray peach halves with cooking spray
- Place peaches on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until charred
- Spoon 1 tbsp honey on each half, top with 1 tbsp chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon of Feta cheese
- Serve immediately