Cedar Planked Smoked Salmon is our all-time favorite way to cook a gorgeous salmon fillet. It’s quick and easy and we can have a healthy dinner on the table in no time at all. Smoked salmon can be on the pricey side but if you have a few little tricks up your sleeve, your family can enjoy this gourmet dish for a fraction of the cost.
How to use cedar grilling planks:
The best way on how to use cedar grilling planks is to soak them for 30 minutes to an hour prior to using. Place salmon, pork or item of your chose on the wet planks and carefully lay them on a hot grill.
The Best Grilled Salmon Recipe:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
These Cedar Planked Smoked Salmon fillets are delicious served with
Click HERE to save this cedar plank smoked salmon recipe to Pinterest
Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon Grill
- Soak Cedar planks completely submerged in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking
- Place salmon fillets in a plastic baggie or marinade container and pour teriyaki sauce over them.
- Heat grill to high
- Lightly spray cooking oil on planks and place salmon fillets on planks, do not crowd the fillets. So to allow plenty of room for smoke to circulate on every side of each one.
- Place planks containing fillets on the grill and close the grill for about 10 minutes
- Check for doneness, the salmon fillet should be flaky and cooked completely. Remove the entire plank with salmon.