This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Salmon patties are a staple in the South that I grew up in. My mom would make the best salmons patties and I love them. I didn’t realize then of the health benefits of fish, that was the last thing on my mind.
Two of these patties contain more calcium than a glass of milk. And if these salmon patties are served with wild and brown rice and steamed vegetables, it makes them a very healthy meal. And this salmon patty recipe is a great go-to dinner when you have forgotten to thaw meat out that you have in your freezer. We try to keep a couple of cans of pink salmon in the pantry for this awesome dish.
How to make The Best Salmon Patties:
We start this Salmon Patty Recipe by opening a couple of cans of salmon and removing the skin pieces and most of the bones. I know everyone tells me that the bones are cooked and can be crushed in the patty but I usually pull most of them out.
In a large bowl combine the salmon, eggs, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, onions, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Scoop up 1/2 cup of the mixture and form into patties.
Place each salmon patty on a parchment-lined sheet pan that is sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Place the patty down and then turn them to coat both sides with the breadcrumbs. This salmon patty recipe will make 8 patties.
Heat the butter in a large skillet and fry 4 patties at a time until golden brown. Serve garnished with lemon slices or wedges and sprinkles parsley or thyme.
Other Comfort foods like this Salmon Patty Recipe:
Click Hereto Save this Salmon Patty Recipe to Pinterest
Best Salmon Patties
- Open the cans of salmon and remove the skins and most of the bones and drain off the juice.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, green onions, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs onto a parchment lined sheet pan
- Scoop up 1/2 cup of the fish mixture and form into a patty, place patty on the pan and turn to coat both sides with breadcrumbs
- Repeat until 8 patties are made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook 4 of the patties in 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley or thyme, optional