Anytime we grill, my sweet hubby is always in charge of the meat and I do the side dishes. These grilled vegetable kabobs are my way for him to do both, Ha! No, seriously we both love to cook so this gives us time to enjoy meal preparation together. And need I say, it’s such a healthy side dish.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The sweetness of the veggies emerge as they char and the smoke from the grill just adds all the flavor they need. There are so many variations for Grilled Veggie Kabobs with a wide range of selection, asparagus, eggplant, Brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes and corn are just a few more to try. I just added a little salt and pepper to these so the natural flavors came through but feel free to add your favorite seasonings.
What you will need for these grilled vegetable kabobs:
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 purple onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 18 baby Portabella mushrooms
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Vegetable skewers on grill:
Spray each veggie skewer with plenty of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place on a hot grill and grill for about 10 minutes
Turn your vegetable kabobs often until lightly charred.
Serve your vegetable skewers as a great side dish for all your cookouts. They go great with steak, grilled pork chops, ribs or even a great Texas brisket.
What to serve with Veggie Skewers:
Click HERE to save this veggie skewer recipe to Pinterest
Grilled Vegetable Skewers
- 6 wooden skewers
- Olive oil sprayer
- Start making your veggie skewers by soaking your wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes. Chop the onion and bell pepper into large chunks and cut squashes into rounds about 1/2 inch thick but leave the mushrooms whole.
- Thread all your veggies on each skewer alternating colors and varieties.
- Using an Olive Oil Sprayer, spray each veggie skewer with plenty of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place on a hot grill and grill for about 10 minutes
- Turn your vegetable kabobs often until lightly charred.
- Serve your vegetable skewers as a great side dish for all your cookouts.