Baked sweet potato halves filled with cinnamon and brown sugar sweet potatoes. They are like an individual mini sweet potato casserole with marshmallow topping that makes a pretty presentation for your Thanksgiving table.
These baked sweet potato halves are easy and you can use toasted miniature marshmallows on top. Make these brown sugar sweet potatoes with spices, butter, and marshmallows.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Usually, we make a sweet potato casserole with marshmallow for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. But we now have the best way to make sweet potatoes. These Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are rocking our house right now and are our favorite of all baked sweet potato recipes.
How to make baked sweet potato halves:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Tear off a piece of aluminum foil that is big enough to wrap the entire potato. Scrub your sweet potatoes well with a vegetable brush, and then poke the skins several times with a fork. Place them on a square of foil and season them with a little salt and pepper.
Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and twist both ends of the foil to seal well. Place them on a baking sheet and bake them for about 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees until potatoes are tender. Let them cool for 15-20 minutes then unwrap and cut in half.
Making the brown sugar sweet potatoes for stuffing:
Scoop out the potato from the skins leaving enough to maintain the shells and place in a mixing bowl. Add butter, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon and combine well with a potato masher.
Fill each of the potato skins with the brown sugar sweet potatoes mixture. Then place them back in the oven to reheat for 3-5 minutes and remove and top with miniature marshmallows.
Toast the marshmallows by using a culinary torch or by placing the potatoes back into the oven with the broil setting on low. Watch carefully, the sweet potato casserole marshmallow topping will toast up quickly, in about 1-2 minutes.
We hope you enjoyed making these as much as we did. And we know the will be a hit on your Thanksgiving table because everyone loves their very own sweet potato casserole marshmallow side dish.
If you enjoyed these baked sweet potato halves then:
Click HERE to save these baked sweet potato casserole marshmallow Recipe to Pinterest
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and poke the skins several times with a fork. Season with salt and black pepper and wrap the potatoes in tin foil, twisting the ends.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 45-50 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Let them cool for 15-20 minutes then cut them in half and scoop out the potato from the skins. Be sure to leave a nice buffer for yourself between your scooping and the skin of the potato.
- Add the scooped potato into a large bowl. Use your hand masher to mash your sweet potato slightly. Add butter, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- Fill the sweet potato skins with the sweet potato mixture. Place back in the oven to reheat and remove and top with miniature marshmallows.
- Toast the marshmallows by using a culinary torch or by placing the potatoes back into the oven with the broil setting on low. Watch carefully, they toast up quickly, in about 1-2 minutes.