We have always loved Cheddar and Bacon potato skins but we always felt like they were just too much work to make at home. WRONG!
With just a few steps these potato skins are so worth the wait, the labor is minimal. And we are here today to show you how to make quick potato skins loaded with delicious toppings that are better than at your favorite pub.
And do you wish to know how to make potato skins even easier? Then bake them ahead of time and cut and scoop out the shells. Wrap the potato skin shells up and place in the fridge.
Then before the game starts, brush with olive oil and bake upside down to heat. Remove and then fill them and pop them in the oven.
We hope you enjoy these Easy Potato Skins loaded with cheese, bacon and topped with sour cream and green onions as much as we do.
Easy Cheddar and Bacon Potato Skins
Potato Skins with Cheddar and Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub Potatoes well and rub with olive oil. Place on cookie sheet or baking pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt
- Bake for about 1 hour until potatoes are soft
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. When cool chop or break into pieces
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and slice in half lengthwise.
- Allow to cool enough to handle and using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the potato leaving about 1/4 inch of potato.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and turn upside down on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes then flip, salt and pepper the potato halves and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Place cheese in each of the potato halves and add chopped bacon.
- Return to oven and bake just long enough the cheese to melt.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of sliced green onions.
If you enjoyed these Loaded Potato Skins then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.