Make real cheese queso dip for your next football party. This rotel queso with real cheese dip is made with cheddar, Monterrey jack, cream cheese and seasonings.
Are you eating too much processed food in your diet? I know we certainly are, we try to get away from it but it tends to sneak into our house. And especially when the family is gathered around the Television for a big event, like Super Bowl, it just screams processed food or frozen this, frozen that or packaged this, packaged that. Every commercial shows us how to make a fast breakfast, a fast lunch, a fast dinner or an easy microwave snack for that big game. I know we are busy people but shouldn’t some of the excitement of the day be in preparing for our party or whipping up some healthier snacks?
This is a real cheese queso dip recipe with Rotel ™ and three different cheeses . This recipe requires only a minimal amount of work like shredding cheese and chopping a few onions. And it’s totally worth it because who doesn’t love snacks made with real ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I have a tendency to always serve some form of Queso dip for any Football or tailgating party. I could have and have in the past, just heated up that cheese that hangs out on the shelf in your local grocery store and throw a can of tomatoes and green chiles in it and called it, “good” and it is good, but it’s not “special”. Now this Queso Dip made from real cheeses and rotel is special and so fresh and delicious.
Real Cheese Queso Dip Recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pint Half and Half
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 10 ounce can of Rotel™
- 4 Jalapeños
- chili powder, for garnish
- Additional chopped green onions, for garnish
- Tortilla Chips
- Fondue Pot or small crockpot
How to make this real cheese queso dip:
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat add green onion s and jalapeños and sauté for about 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cumin, cook for one minute stirring constantly until very well blended.
- Slowly pour in half and half, continuing to stir and bring to a simmer. Remove pan from heat and add cream cheese stirring until completely melted.
- Return pan to low heat and add the real cheeses, stir until completely melted and blended.
- Stir in the Rotel™ and cook until heated thoroughly. Do not allow it to boil
- Transfer to a serving bowl or heated fondue dish (or small crockpot).
- Serve with tortillas chips or veggies.
And part of the fun and memories of any gathering should not only be eating the snacks but the time in the kitchen together plating up a great smorgasbord.
This cheesy concoction is a cool spin from the norm with the added benefit of real cheeses. It really doesn’t take that long to make and the prep work is minimal. It’s an opportunity to take a step away from prepared foods and prepare your own real cheese queso. We believe you will me glad you did.
Other Football party food:
Click HERE to pin this Real Cheese Queso Dip Recipe to Pinterest
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 10 oz can Rotel
- 4 pickled jalapeños diced
- chili powder for garnish
- diced green onions for garnish, optional
- tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add green onions and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cumin, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly
- Slowly pour in half and half, continuing to stir and bring to a simmer. Remove pan from heat and add cream cheese stirring until melted
- Return pan to low heat and add cheeses, stir until completely melted and blended
- Stir in Rotel and jalapeños and cook until heated thoroughly. (Do not boil)
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with chili powder and optional green onions.
- Serve in a heated fondue dish with tortilla chips and/or veggies