And we are also wrapping them with thick sliced bacon for that extra bacon taste. These are always a hit at our celebrations and we know they will be a hit at yours.
Cream Cheese stuffed Jalapeño Appetizers
- 1 lb mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon slices cut in half
- 30-35 fresh jalapeños depending on the size
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet crumble sausage and cook over medium high heat until brown and no longer pink. Remove skillet from heat and drain off the excess fat.
- Add both packages of cream cheese while the sausage is still hot, mix well and set aside.
- Precook bacon in a Microwave Bacon Tray according to your microwave directions until half-cooked and slightly pliable, set aside to cool. Suggestion: Placed about 4 bacon strips at a time on a plate covered with a paper towel and microwave them for 3 minutes turning half way through the cooking time.
- Slice each jalapeño lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane. The jalapeños will be similar to little boats.
- Fill the jalapeño boats with the sausage/cheese mixture
- Wrap a half cooked bacon slice around each jalapeño and secure with toothpicks
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Other Football Game Day Appetizers:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.