Try this delicious sausage cream cheese stuffed peppers recipe for the best sausage stuffed jalapeno poppers. And then enjoy these sausage stuffed jalapeno peppers for Sunday Football or just for a cookout. These cream cheese stuffed jalapenos will be a hit at your house we promise.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We know everyone is looking for a great appetizer for all your game day celebrations. And we are betting you would like to serve something a little different but not too out there. We all love cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon but what about trying something new like sausage stuffed jalapeno peppers?
We are taking this tailgating favorite and bringing it up a notch by adding sausage with the cream cheese. That would make them not just an average sausage cream cheese stuffed peppers, but an extraordinary delight.
Our recipe for these sausage stuffed jalapeno poppers is one of our best. We used thick-cut bacon and mixed the cream cheese with seasoned sausage to pack in that extra punch.
And we are also wrapping these sausage stuffed jalapeno peppers with thick-sliced bacon for that extra bacon taste. These are always a hit at our celebrations and we know they will be a hit at yours.
Tip for the best bacon-wrapped poppers: The bacon is precooked to just the point of becoming crisp but not so crisp they will not wrap around the stuffed pepper. We used the microwave and stopped it at the right time. That way you will not have the cheese completely melt out of the pepper trying to get the bacon cooked properly in the oven.
If you enjoyed these Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers then see:
Click HERE to save these sausage stuffed jalapeno peppers to Pinterest
Sausage Stuffed jalapeno poppers
- 1 lb mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 lb thick sliced bacon slices cut in half
- 30-35 fresh jalapeños depending on the size
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet crumble sausage and cook over medium-high heat until brown and no longer pink. Remove skillet from heat and drain off the excess fat.
- Add both packages of cream cheese while the sausage is still hot, mix well and set aside.
- Precook bacon until almost crisp in the microwave or in a large skillet, drain. Bacon needs to be precooked but still limber enough to wrap around the jalapenos
- Slice each jalapeño lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane. The jalapeños will be similar to little boats.
- Fill the jalapeño boats with the sausage/cheese mixture
- Wrap a half-cooked bacon slice around each jalapeño and secure with toothpicks
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.