A Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe that brings jalapeño poppers to a whole new level . These cream cheese stuffed jalapeños are wrapped in thick cut bacon and baked.
We know everyone is looking for a great appetizer for all your game day celebrations. And we are betting you would like to serve something a little different but not too out there. We all love cream cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon but what about trying something new like sausage and cream cheese stuffed peppers? This recipe for these sausage stuffed jalapeño poppers is one of our best. We used thick-cut bacon and mixed the cream cheese with seasoned sausage to pack in that extra flavor punch.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We are taking this tailgating favorite and bringing it up a notch by adding sausage with the cream cheese. That would make them not just an average sausage cream cheese stuffed peppers, but an extraordinary delight. And we are also wrapping these sausage stuffed jalapeño peppers with thick-sliced bacon for that extra bacon taste. These are always a hit at our celebrations and we know they will be a hit at yours.
Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
- ½ pound mild or hot ground Italian Sausage
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 8 ounces thick sliced bacon, slices cut into half
- 15-18 fresh jalapeño peppers depending on size
- Meat Chopper, optional
- Cooking Spoon
- nitrile disposable gloves, optional
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
How to make these cream cheese stuffed jalapeños:
Other Jalapeño Pepper Appetizers:
Click HERE to save these Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers to Pinterest
Sausage Stuffed jalapeno poppers
- 8 ounces mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- ½ pound thick sliced bacon slices cut in half
- 15-18 fresh jalapeños depending on the size
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet add sausage and cook over medium-high heat. Use a meat chopper or spatula to break the sausage up as it cooks.
- Continue to cook and break up the sausage until it’s completely cooked and no longer pink. Remove skillet from heat and drain off the excess fat.
- Cut the cream cheese into squares and add to the cooked sausage while the skillet and sausage are still hot.
- As the cream cheese melts stir until the sausage and cream cheese is completely combined, remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice stem off each jalapeño and cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane using a small spoon. The jalapeño peppers will be similar to little boats. NOTE: you may need to wear nitrile disposable gloves to protect your hands while handing the peppers.
- Fill each half jalapeño with the sausage/cheese mixture
- Precook bacon until almost but not crisp in the microwave or in a large skillet, drain. Bacon needs to be precooked but still limber enough to wrap around the stuffed jalapeño peppers
- Wrap a half-cooked bacon slice around each jalapeño pepper and secure with it toothpicks
- Place the sausage and cream cheese stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve.