Make the best jalapeños appetizers with this jalapeño chicken poppers recipe. These stuffed hot peppers are filled with chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and then wrapped in bacon.
We decided to add a twist to these jalapeno appetizers today. We have always filled our jalapenos with cheese or cheese and sausage but we thought it might be fun to make chicken poppers. And since our Chicken bundles are so popular we thought we would also use canned chicken to make chicken poppers. Then we really upped the flavor by adding even more bacon in the stuffing.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This recipe could be used for just about any stuffed hot peppers, not just jalapenos.
Jalapeño chicken poppers recipe:
Scroll down for the printable recipe
- 10 Jalapeños
- 2 (12.5 oz.) cans of Chicken
- 1 cup Mild Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Bacon Bits
- 2 packages of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix (powdered)
- 1 pound package of Bacon
If you enjoyed these jalapeno appetizers then see these:
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno poppers
- Seven-layer Mexican Dip
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken Nachos
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
Click HERE to save this jalapeño chicken poppers recipe to Pinterest
Chicken Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- cooking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Open cans of chicken and drain then place in a large bowl. Using a fork, break up the pieces of chicken.
- Add your cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon, and ranch mix. Mix until well combined.
- Cut your jalapeños in half lengthwise and cut out and remove the center and seeds.
Take your chicken mixture and scoop it into the jalapeños with a spoon and pile them up with the mixture
Wrap each jalapeño with a strip of bacon and then place the bacon-wrapped jalapeños on a large baking sheet.
- Place them in the preheated 350 degrees F oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn up the heat to 450 degrees F and bake for another 8 minutes watching carefully.
- You can serve these chicken poppers with Ranch Dip or just enjoy them by themselves
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.