Chicken and Dumplings in a Slow Cooker
- 3/4 cup carrots chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can Refrigerated southern homestyle biscuits cut into fourths
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery slices, and onions
- Place the flour in a small bowl and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour
- Place the floured chicken breasts on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker and season with the poultry season, salt and pepper
- Pour in the white wine and the chicken broth
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (high about 3 hours) until the chicken is done
- About 30 minutes prior to serving, drop the biscuits pieces in the bubbling sauce, cover and cook until done (about 30 minutes)
- About ten minutes prior to serving, add milk and peas, stir gently until combined with the chicken and veggies.
If you enjoyed this easy Chicken and Dumplings then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.