This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Anytime it gets below 50 degrees here in Texas, we start craving a pot of chili. So if it’s early fall, the dead of winter or a late spring day, one form of chili is usually on the menu each week here at the Ranch.
What makes our White Chili Healthier?
And this White Chili recipe is easy and it can be made with minimal prep work. The only cutting is the chicken breast, onions, and peppers.
We add flavor to this white chicken chili by adding some jalapenos. You could add 1 or 2 according to your family’s heat tolerance. Did you know that if you seed the jalapeno and cut off the membranes it reduces the heat?
Tip- after everything is added, pour into a crockpot and cook the white chicken chili on low for 3 hours.
White Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 16 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 15.8 oz can great northern beans
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Monterey jack cheese grated
- Saute onion and jalapeño in olive oil in a dutch oven for 1 minute.
- Add chopped chicken pieces and cook until brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chiles, cumin, oregano, chipotle chili powder and salt. Saute for another minute
- Stir in chicken broth and both cans of beans, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro and cheese.
If you enjoyed this White Chili Chicken then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.