How to Make Stacked enchiladas Chihuahua style:
Scroll down for the printable recipe
- 2 –15 oz cans of red enchilada sauce
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- black pepper
- fried egg, optional
Oven Safe Dinner Plates
Place in a 350 degree F oven just long enough to melt the cheese and serve. Or serve these stacked enchiladas with a fried egg on top, either way is wonderful. No rolled enchiladas here, just red enchiladas, stacked Chihuahua Style* with lean ground beef.
If you enjoyed these stacked enchiladas rojas recipe then see these:
Click HERE to save these stacked Enchiladas Chihuahua Style to Pinterest
Stacked beef enchiladas Chihuahua style
- Oven safe dinner plates
- Cook ground beef over medium high heat, using a spatula or chop and mix to break it up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink. Remove from the stove. Chop onions and grate cheddar cheese.
- Heat both cans of red enchilada sauce in a cast iron skillet until hot and bubbly.
- Dip a corn tortilla in the heated red enchilada sauce to heat the tortilla.
- Then remove it carefully and lay it on a oven safe dinner plate. You want to heat up the tortilla until it’s just soft but not so soft that it falls apart.
- Sprinkle the sauce covered tortillas with a large spoonful of ground beef, grated cheese and chopped onions.
- Repeat twice more ending up with a stack of three enchiladas or more than that for a stack of four.
- Place in a 350 degree F oven just long enough to melt the cheese and serve.
- Optional: Serve with a couple fried eggs on top