It’s filled with pineapple, bananas, cinnamon, and pecans, covered with cream cheese frosting and true to tradition, it will not last long.
For the Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Grease and flour three 9 inch cake pans.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs and oil, mix until well combined. (do not beat)
- Stir in the vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup of the chopped pecans and the bananas.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool pans on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread cream cheese frosting between the layers and on top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
For the Frosting
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy smooth
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy
- Mix in vanilla