This Baked Canadian bacon, spinach frittata is a healthier breakfast casserole option. It is loaded with nutritious spinach, leaner Canadian Bacon, a mixture of eggs and egg whites and topped with a great cheese. And it’s under 300 calories a serving.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might recipe a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Breakfast Frittatas and Casseroles are the total bomb and they are easy to prepare and can feed a crowd. But since we are watching those pesky calories and trying to make healthier decisions in our food choices, we are limited with most of these breakfast options. So we are going to take one of our favorites and change some of the ingredients so it fits into our diet plan.
Other Egg Breakfast and Frittata Recipes:
- Overnight Sausage and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon, Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche
- Veggie and Ham Frittata
- Mini Wonton Breakfast Quiche Bites
Click HERE to save this Canadian Bacon and spinach frittata to Pinterest
Baked Canadian Bacon, Spinach and Cheese Frittata or Casserole
This Baked Canadian bacon, spinach and cheese frittata is a healthier breakfast Casserole option. It is loaded with nutritious spinach, leaner Canadian Bacon, a mixture of eggs and egg whites and topped with a great cheese. And it's also under 300 calories a serving.
- 2 quart baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach thawed and drained (also squeezed to remove all water)
- 4 slices whole grain bread crusts removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 oz Canadian bacon diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped (from a jar)
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese shredded or or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 7 X 11 inch glass pan or a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray
- Beat eggs and egg whites and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Add Dijon mustard, rosemary and pepper.
- Toss spinach, bread, Canadian bacon and red peppers in a large bowl. Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat.
- Pour into the prepared pan and press down
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes until set
- Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and top is a golden brown.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes prior to serving.
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 232mg | Sodium: 938mg | Potassium: 642mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9046IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 459mg | Iron: 3mg