An easy Pizza Kabob recipe that places your favorite toppings on a skewer and wrapping pizza dough around it. These Pizzas on a stick or Pizza Skewers Kabobs are topped with cheese and served with pizza sauce
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We decided to have a little fun today and share a twist to one of our favorite foods, Pizza. We love pizza and we love eating shish kabobs so why not have a Pizza Kabob? It’s a Pizza on a Stick!!
Shish Kabobs are loaded with meat and veggies so it shouldn’t be much of a stretch to have a Pizza Kabob, should it? Also, pizza comes in so many flavors or should I say toppings? I love all things pizza and have never met a pizza I didn’t like and if I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose pizza.
When our kids were little, we would throw huge pizza parties. The hubby and I would be in the kitchen throwing out rounds of pizza dough and the guests would add their favorite ingredients and everyone had an individual pizza by the time we were done. It was always loads of fun and everyone had a personalized pizza and we had help in the kitchen.
A Pizza Kabob could be prepared the same way, bowls of ingredients could be placed out and everyone threads their own skewer(s). Then they or we could help them wrap the pizza dough around the skewer. After baking the pizza skewers or kabobs serve them with bowls of pizza sauce for dipping.
So the next party you throw or just wish to entertain the children for the evening, try this fun Pizza Skewer recipe.
We have our eyes on Countertop Pizza Oven, They work very well and don’t heat up your kitchen.
If you make pizzas as much as we do, you might wish to purchase an outdoor Pizza Oven. It looks like so much fun!
If you enjoyed this Pizza Kabob Recipe then:
- 8 oz package Italian sausage links
- 8 oz whole mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 Homemade Pizza Dough (click thru for recipe) or store-bought pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade pizza sauce heated (click thru for recipe)
- 10-12 Wooden Skewers
- In a large skillet, cook the sausages over medium heat until done. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. When cool cut into about 20 pieces
- On 10 metal or 10 wooden skewers (if using wood, soak in water for an hour prior to using) alternating ingredients, thread sausage, onion, tomatoes,bell peppers, pepperoni and mushrooms. (two of each on each skewer)
- Unroll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut strips of pizza dough lengthwise, about 1 inch wide.
- Starting at the tip (pointed edge) pierce dough and spiral wrap dough around the skewer, allowing the veggies and meats to peek through. Wrap the end of the dough around the other end to fasten. Repeat for all 10 skewers.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray
- Place pizza skewers on a pizza stone (we have a square one) or baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until pizza dough is golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese while still hot. Serve with pizza sauce.
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.