I am sure I have mentioned several times, that Pizza is my favorite food! Oh, the joy of a great pizza is just heaven to me. But seriously, Pizza is so versatile, there are an unlimited array of topping choices and even numerous different sauces and don’t forget the cheeses! Oh, the cheeses!
I am not choosy what’s on the pizza, and I love most of the sauce choices but I am fussy about the crust. The crust can make or break the entire pie. We live on a ranch 18 miles from the nearest pizza place so it’s a great thing I have one of the best Pizza Dough recipes. This recipe is easy and just comes out perfect every time. I use it for all the pizza hacks, like Stromboli, Calzones, Pizza kabobs and of course a regular round pizza.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might recipe a small commission at no additional cost to you.
How to make pizza dough from scratch:
In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add sugar and salt, stir to dissolve. Add flour a cup at a time and mix until a soft dough forms, Knead until elastic about 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 2 hours (until double)
Using this Pizza Dough for a Pizza from Scratch
Click HERE to save this Basic Pizza dough Recipe to Pinterest
- Rolling pin
To make Pizza Dough
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Add sugar and salt, stir to dissolve
- Add flour a cup at a time and mix until a soft dough forms, Knead until elastic about 2-3 minutes
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 2 hours (until double)
To make a pizza from scratch
- Divide dough in half and with a rolling pin, roll out to fit your pizza pan or pizza stone and to the thickness you prefer. Roll up the sides of the dough all the way around . Repeat with the other half of the pizza dough. Repeat with the other half of the pizza dough
- Spread a thin layer of your favorite pizza sauce or use our easy No-Cook Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe on top of each pizza dough round.
- Add your favorite toppings such as cooked sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, peppers etc. Top with mozzarella cheese, goat cheese or Monterey Jack Cheese, and then drop spoonfuls of the sauce on top.
- Bake in a preheated 400° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Or place it on a pizza stone and follow the instructions for cooking on your particular stone. Watch closely since ovens do heat differently. Remove from oven and allow to cook on a wire rack. Slice and serve.