How to make rainbow cake in a mason jar with this rainbow cupcake recipe:
Scroll down for the printable directions
If you enjoyed this rainbow cupcake recipe then try:
- Leprechaun Poo with baggie Toppers
- Over 25 of the best Patrick’s Day Food Ideas
- Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies
- DIY Shamrock Metal Bookmark
Click HERE to save this recipe for Rainbow Cake Pinterest
Rainbow Cupcakes baked in a Mason Jars
- Spray the inside of the jars with a nonstick baking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide the batter evenly into 5 separate bowls. (about 1/2 cup of batter in each bowl).
- Add different food colors to each of the bowls and mix well to achieve bright bold colors.
- Carefully drop blobs of the different colored batter into your prepared jars filling about halfway.
- Place jars in a 9 X 13 pan and fill with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until done. You can test for doneness by using a Cake Tester
- Remove from the oven and water bath and let cool.