Make rainbow cupcakes in a jar. This rainbow cupcake recipe has a couple easy tricks to make these colorful mason jar rainbow cakes.
Wouldn’t it be fun to serve these Rainbow Cupcakes for a fun St Patrick’s Day dessert? We made this rainbow in a jar St Patrick’s Day treat from a boxed cake mix to celebrate a day when we all wish to be Irish. I have always had so much fun with St. Patricks Day, from giving my son green milk to sticking clovers in my girl’s hair. I never wish to pass a chance to have some fun even if all the kids are grown. And this Mason Jar Rainbow Cupcake looks like a rainbow in a jar, what fun right?
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
What you need for mason jar rainbow cakes:
- Box of White Cake Mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- Food Colors
- White Frosting
- Mixing Bowls
- 8- 8 ounce Mason jars
- 9 X 13 pan
- Cake Tester, optional
- St Patricks Day Toppers
- St Patrick’s Day Sprinkle Mix
How to make rainbow cupcakes in a jar:
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops and decorate with St. Paddy’s Day Cupcake Toppers and/or green sprinkles. These Rainbow Cupcakes really take the cake. (pun intended).
This Rainbow in a jar was a fun little challenge and so delicious. And your could use a variety of colors. Wouldn’t it be fun to make white red cupcakes for Valentines Day or Christmas?
Other St Patrick’s Day Recipes and Fun:
- Leprechaun Poo with baggie Toppers
- Over 25 of the best Patrick’s Day Food Ideas
- Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies
- DIY Shamrock Metal Bookmark
Click HERE to save this recipe for Mason Jar Rainbow Cupcakes to Pinterest
Mason Jar Rainbow Cake Recipe
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into 5 separate bowls. (about 1/2 cup of batter in each bowl).
- Add different food colors to each of the bowls and mix well to achieve bright bold colors.
- Carefully drop blobs of the different colored batter into your prepared jars filling about halfway.
- Place jars in a 9 X 13 pan and fill with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Remove from the oven and water bath and let cool.