I have always had so much fun with St. Patricks Day, from giving my son green milk to sticking clovers in my girl’s hair. I never wish to pass a chance to have some fun even if all the kids are grown.
How to make rainbow cake in a mason jar with this rainbow cupcake recipe:
It doesn’t take long to make these fun cupcakes, we used a white cake mix and divided the batter between 5 different bowls. Each bowl of batter was colored a different color of the rainbow using regular food coloring A spoon full of colored batter in each pint mason jar and baked in a water bath.
But these Rainbow Cupcakes really take the cake. (pun intended) This Rainbow in a jar was a fun little challenge and so delicious. We are loving all the bright bold colors on these. These are better than finding gold at the end of the rainbow, they are so pretty and make a delicious St Patrick’s Day Treat. And that is How to make rainbow cake or mason jar cake for St Patrick’s Day.
If you enjoyed this rainbow cupcake recipe then try:
- Leprechaun Poo with baggie Toppers
- Over 25 of the best Patrick’s Day Food Ideas
- Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies
- DIY Shamrock Metal Bookmark
Rainbow Cupcakes baked in a Mason Jars
- Spray the inside of the jars with a nonstick baking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide the batter evenly into 5 separate bowls. (about 1/2 cup of batter in each bowl).
- Add different food color to each of the bowls and mix well to achieve bright bold colors.
- Carefully drop blobs of the different colored batter into your prepared jars filling about half way.
- Place jars in a 9 X 13 pan and fill with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and water bath and let cool.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops and decorate with St. Paddy’s Day decorations and/or green sprinkles