Make rainbow cupcakes in a jar. This rainbow cupcake recipe has a couple easy tricks to make these colorful mason jar rainbow cakes.
Wouldn’t it be fun to serve these Rainbow Cupcakes for a fun St Patrick’s Day dessert? We made this rainbow in a jar St Patrick’s Day treat from a boxed cake mix to celebrate a day when we all wish to be Irish. I have always had so much fun with St. Patricks Day, from giving my son green milk to sticking clovers in my girl’s hair. I never wish to pass a chance to have some fun even if all the kids are grown. And this Mason Jar Rainbow Cupcake looks like a rainbow in a jar, what fun right?
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
What you need for mason jar rainbow cakes:
- Box of White Cake Mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- Food Colors
- White Frosting
- Mixing Bowls
- 8- 8 ounce Mason jars
- 9 X 13 pan
- Cake Tester, optional
- St Patricks Day Toppers
- St Patrick’s Day Sprinkle Mix
How to make rainbow cupcakes in a jar:
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops and decorate with St. Paddy’s Day Cupcake Toppers and/or green sprinkles. These Rainbow Cupcakes really take the cake. (pun intended).
This Rainbow in a jar was a fun little challenge and so delicious. And your could use a variety of colors. Wouldn’t it be fun to make white red cupcakes for Valentines Day or Christmas?
Other St Patrick’s Day Recipes and Fun:
- Leprechaun Poo with baggie Toppers
- Over 25 of the best Patrick’s Day Food Ideas
- Stained Glass Shamrock Cookies
- DIY Shamrock Metal Bookmark
Click HERE to save this recipe for Mason Jar Rainbow Cupcakes to Pinterest
Mason Jar Rainbow Cake Recipe
- Non stick Baking Spray
- Cake Tester optional
- St Patricks Day Toppers optional
- Green Sprinkles shamrocks, clovers (optional)
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- food coloring several colors
- white frosting whipped
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into 5 separate bowls. (about 1/2 cup of batter in each bowl).
- Add different food colors to each of the bowls and mix well to achieve bright bold colors.
- Carefully drop blobs of the different colored batter into your prepared jars filling about halfway.
- Place jars in a 9 X 13 pan and fill with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Remove from the oven and water bath and let cool.
Monday 17th of March 2014
How fantastic these came out. I love them! So pretty
Friday 14th of March 2014
These are so fun!! And I love that the mason jars show off the cupcakes so well!! Pinning.
Sunday 9th of March 2014
Aww these are great, my kids would love them :)
Thursday 6th of March 2014
These were too cute, and so festive! My kids loved them
Monday 3rd of March 2014
These were so very much fun for my granddaughter. Thanks for the clever idea - I would never have thought of making them in a mason jar.