This Mediterranean spinach salad with pasta, spinach, and feta is served with an easy spinach salad dressing. A Delicious Penne Pasta salad with spinach.
Do you choose the greens first in a salad and then add other veggies? Or do you open the fridge and search for veggies and then grab the greens? What about fresh spinach? If you told your family, you are choosing fresh spinach, do you hear groans? Most spinach salads have the same ingredients, onions, eggs, and bacon and it is delicious but does it have that wow factor that silences all those groans? Don’t get me wrong, I am a traditionalist in most things and I love a great spinach salad but I also like to shake our meals up a little.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This penne pasta salad with spinach is the main dish in itself. It’s loaded with penne, fresh veggies, feta cheese and topped with a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
How to Make this Mediterranean spinach salad with Pasta:
Make your Mediterranean spinach salad with whole grain penne pasta, ripe olives, fresh tomatoes, fresh spinach, and feta. Then top it with a homemade easy spinach salad dressing below.
- 16 ounces of penne pasta
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
Cook pasta accordingly to packages directions, (al dente), drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
In a large salad bowl, add cooled pasta, baby spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions, and black olives
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pasta Cooker
- Large Salad Bowl
- Small Bowl
How to make an easy spinach salad dressing:
Make your dressing with wine vinegar, virgin olive oil, parmesan cheese, and fragrant herbs. Shaken together, it created an emulsion of flavors that would accent any salad.
*Tip: Use this dressing as a marinade for chicken or fish
Of course, this salad could also be the main dish and would make a great Meatless Monday meal. Also this Fresh Spinach and Pasta salad is also very versatile, add grilled chicken breast, beef or tuna to turn this into a main dish.
- Texas Summer Salad with Jalapenos and Grilled Chicken
- Feta Cheese, Cranberry, and Pecan Salad
- Southwest Corn Salad
Click HERE to save Penne Pasta salad with spinach to Pinterest
Spinach Salad with Pasta
For the Salad
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 3 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced well
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta accordingly to packages directions, (al dente), drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together
- In a large salad bowl, add cooled pasta, baby spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions, and black olives
- Add vinaigrette and toss well to coat evenly
Monday 30th of January 2017
This salad looks wonderful- how many servings does the recipe make? Thanks for the recipe!