Always on Valentine’s Day, we send the grandkids a little something to let them know how special they are to us. And since 3 of them are growing boys, it can’t be too mushy but with 3 granddaughters, it needs to be cute and sweet.
Cherries and Chocolate are perfect for Valentine’s Day! But Mice?? These Easy Chocolate covered cherry mice are sweet and cute for the girls but just enough out there to delight the boys. So why not??
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
These chocolate cherry mice are a favorite around Valentines Day but it’s also fun for Christmas or just any time you wish to surprise someone with a sweet treat that is totally adorable. And it doesn’t take that long to make several of these little sweet guys. Be sure and buy cherries with stems and if you purchase a “Candy Melting Pot” it does make it so much easier.
We are planning to make several of these cherry chocolate treats around Christmas and add one or two to the cookie treat boxes that we give our friends and family every year. Holidays should be fun and these are totally fun, not plain old chocolate-covered cherries here.
Other Chocolate Desserts and Treats:
Click HERE to save these Chocolate Cherry Mouse directions to Pinterest
Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Remove cherries from the juice and using paper towels let drain and pat until dry
- Using a candy melting pot or a double boiler to melt chocolate bark (candy melts) carefully according to package directions.
- Holding the cherry by the stem dip each cherry into chocolate until completely coated.
- Place on parchment paper and allow to cool until hard.
- Holding each chocolate kiss by the tip, dip the kiss in the melted chocolate (just enough chocolate to cover the bottom of the kiss) and attach to the chocolate covered cherry opposite of the stem (tail). The melted chocolate acts as glue
- Take two slivered almonds and dip the widest part of the almonds in the chocolate and attach between the kiss and the chocolate covered cherry to make the ears