A Feta Cheese, Pecan Green Salad with cranberries with a classic French vinaigrette dressing. This cranberry pecan salad is perfect to serve for a Thanksgiving Salad or any Fall Salad.
Even though we love classic lettuce and tomato salad, sometimes we want to shake it up a bit. So we add some of the seasonal flavors to the mix. And maybe even add something with a crunch other than croutons?
Frequently my salads are what one would call kitchen sink salads because we use anything or everything in the fridge to make a salad. You know, where you mix “whatever” you have handy in the salad and then just add bottled salad dressing.
Truth to tell, we do use bottle salad dressing frequently. But I often forget how easy it is to mix a great dressing with ingredients that I already keep in my pantry like this French Vinaigrette dressing.
What you need for this Fall Salad:
- 4 cups salad greens, romaine lettuce, fresh baby spinach or field greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2-3 ounces feta cheese
French vinaigrette dressing Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, diced
How to Make this Green Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Pecans:
Wash salad greens and spin dry in a salad spinner. Place greens in a large salad bowl
Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries and crumbled feta cheese
Gently toss to combine
French Vinaigrette Dressing Instructions:
In a salad dressing shaker combine vinegar, green onions, salt, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
Slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture, cover with a lid and shake until well incorporated
So you if are looking for an amazing salad that is different for a special meal . Especially like Thanksgiving, Christmas or just a dinner party, this is the salad for you.
Click HERE to save this cranberry pecan salad with French Vinaigrette Dressing to Pinterest
Green Salad with Feta Cheese, Pecans, and Cranberries w/Classic Vinaigrette Dressing
French Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a salad dressing shaker combine vinegar, green onions, salt, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture, cover with a lid and shake until well incorporated
- Wash salad greens and spin dry in a salad spinner. Place greens in a large salad bowl
- Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries and crumbled feta cheese
- Gently toss to combine
- Serve topped with the French vinaigrette dressing