Even though we love a classic lettuce and tomato salad, sometimes we want to shake it up a bit and add some of the seasonal flavors to the mix. Maybe even add something with a crunch other than croutons?
Frequently my salads are what one would call kitchen sink salads or rather everything but the kitchen sink salads.
You know, where you mix “whatever” you have handy in the salad and then just add bottled salad dressing.
Truth to tell, we do use bottle salad dressing frequently and I often forget how easy it is to mix a great dressing with ingredients that I already keep in my pantry.
It seems like overreaching when we add a salad to an already overloaded Thanksgiving or Christmas table but this salad is rich with the flavors of fall.
It will complement your meal in flavor and is sure to make you love a winter salad.
Green Salad with Feta Cheese, Pecans, and Cranberries with a Classic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, diced
- 4 cups of salad greens such as romaine lettuce, fresh baby spinach, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese