This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Even though we love classic lettuce and tomato salad, sometimes we want to shake it up a bit. So we add some of the seasonal flavors to the mix. And maybe even add something with a crunch other than croutons?
Frequently my salads are what one would call kitchen sink salads because we use anything or everything in the fridge to make a salad. You know, where you mix “whatever” you have handy in the salad and then just add bottled salad dressing.
Truth to tell, we do use bottle salad dressing frequently and I often forget how easy it is to mix a great dressing with ingredients that I already keep in my pantry like this French Vinegarettte dressing.
Green Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Pecans:
So you are looking for a salad that is different for a special meal like Thanksgiving, Christmas or just a dinner party, this is the salad for you.
Green Salad with Feta Cheese, Pecans, and Cranberries w/Classic Vinaigrette Dressing
French Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a salad dressing shaker combine vinegar, green onions, salt, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture, cover with a lid and shake until well incorporated
- Wash salad greens and spin dry in a salad spinner. Place greens in a large salad bowl
- Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries and crumbled feta cheese
- Gently toss to combine
- Serve topped with the French vinaigrette dressing
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.