This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Even though we love classic lettuce and tomato salad, sometimes we want to shake it up a bit. So we add some of the seasonal flavors to the mix. And maybe even add something with a crunch other than croutons?
Frequently my salads are what one would call kitchen sink salads because we use anything or everything in the fridge to make a salad. You know, where you mix “whatever” you have handy in the salad and then just add bottled salad dressing.
Truth to tell, we do use bottle salad dressing frequently and I often forget how easy it is to mix a great dressing with ingredients that I already keep in my pantry like this French Vinegarettte dressing.
Green Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Pecans:
So you are looking for a salad that is different for a special meal like Thanksgiving, Christmas or just a dinner party, this is the salad for you.
Green Salad with Feta Cheese, Pecans, and Cranberries w/Classic Vinaigrette Dressing
French Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a salad dressing shaker combine vinegar, green onions, salt, Dijon mustard, and pepper.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture, cover with a lid and shake until well incorporated
- Wash salad greens and spin dry in a salad spinner. Place greens in a large salad bowl
- Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries and crumbled feta cheese
- Gently toss to combine
- Serve topped with the French vinaigrette dressing