Carrots and Parsnips
- Are you looking for another way to serve carrots?
- Are you looking for healthy ways to incorporate more vitamin-rich foods into your weekly menu?
- And have you ever tried a parsnip or would you like to?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, then keep reading, if not scroll down and we will have some other vegetable suggestions for you. See we aim to please here!
We are not sweetened vegetable “likers” here on the Ranch, we don’t usually put marshmallows on sweet potatoes. And we don’t normally sugar carrots, we love the naturally sweet taste of a perfectly roasted veggie with just a minimal of seasonings.
Not that there is anything wrong with adding sweetener to a vegetable dish. Sometimes we go ahead and top those sweet potatoes with marshmallows and toss a little sugar on those carrots. And like today we used a little honey balsamic glaze to season these Honey roasted carrots and parsnips.
How to Make Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips:
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you are not familiar with parsnips, they are very similar to carrots except they are white and have a nuttier earthier taste. Parsnips are great to pair with carrots because of the similar size and taste but they are just different enough to make an interesting dish like this honey glazed carrots and parsnips.
Garnish with sea salt, pepper, and parsley to taste. The sweetness of the honey in this Carrot and Parsnip dish is offset by the balsamic vinegar. And together they come together to make a light glaze that’s not too sweet and not too acidy.
These little sticks can be served as a beautiful side dish for dinner parties, Thanksgiving dinner or on the side with burgers or hot dogs. It’s a versatile dish is visually similar to fries.
If you enjoyed these honey glazed parsnips and carrots then see these:
- Roasted Broccoli
- Squash Casserole with Green Chile
- Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto
- Roasted Butternut Squash
Click HERE to save this Roasted Vegetable Recipe to Pinterest
Honey roasted carrots and parsnips with a honey balsamic glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees
- Wash and scrub carrots and parsnips then peel and cut into sticks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Toss carrots and parsnips in the balsamic mixture.
- Place carrots and parsnips on a greased baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once
- Garnish with sea salt, pepper, and parsley to taste.