These roasted Cornish game hens are seasoned with rosemary, wine, and lemon. This simple recipe makes cooking Cornish hens easy enough for weeknight dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Cooking Cornish Hens are easy enough for a weeknight dinner or special enough for a romantic dinner for two. One thing that is very important to perfect roasted Cornish game hens is an instant-read thermometer. Don’t guess when it comes to the internal temperature of these birds.
These Cornish Game Hens can be plated for two or cut in half for four. They are baked with rosemary and plenty of garlic and are served with a delicate garlic wine sauce. We think this makes them the very Best Roasted Cornish Game Hens.
Serve these roasted Cornish Game Hens with:
Click HERE to save this recipe for roasting Game Hens to Pinterest
How to bake the best Cornish Game Hens
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Rub birds with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper.
- Put 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in the cavity of each bird
- Place in a heavy roasting pan with garlic cloves around them
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Using a Baster, baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until birds are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F, and the juices run clear.
- 10. Transfer birds to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan.
- 11. Tent birds with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
- 12. Spoon sauce and garlic around birds. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve.