What does this Texas Gal know about Chicago Dogs? Plenty!! I love this crazy combination of flavors! Something about throwing everything but the kitchen sink on a bun just totally appeals to me!
- All Beef Frankfurters (with natural casings if you can find them)
- poppy seed hot dog buns
- yellow mustard
- sweet green pickle relish
- chopped white onion
- tomato wedges, thinly sliced
- dill pickle spear (from the refrigerated area for the crispest)
- sport peppers
- celery salt
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Wrap the poppy seed buns in foil and place in oven to heat, about 5 minutes.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil, drop in the frankfurters and boil for 5 minutes.
To construct the dogs
1. Place the frankfurters on the bun, add the mustard in a zigzag pattern (no reason, I just like the way it looks).
2. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of relish along one side of the frankfurter.
3. Sprinkle on the desired amount of chopped onion over the entire dog.
4. Place the tomato wedges on the opposite side of the frankfurter from the relish.
5. Add the peppers on the tomato wedges and the pickle spear on top of the relish.
6. Sprinkle with celery salt to taste.
Powered by Recipage
Serve with plenty of napkins and prepare to be amazed!
Great served with: