What’s the difference between blondies and brownies:
Both are cookie bars and share some of the same ingredients but with a few changes. Brownies are made with dark chocolate like cocoa. But blondies are a vanilla based cookie bar. Blondies may have chocolate but it’s usually white chocolate such as these maple walnut blondies we are making today. One of the main differences between blondies and brownies is the taste, brownies taste like chocolate and blondies have a butterscotch taste because of the addition of brown sugar.
How to make Maple Walnut Blondies:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
Ingredients needed for this:
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
To start this walnut bars recipe preheat your oven to 350 degrees. And spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in walnuts, set aside.
If you enjoy these maple blondies with walnuts and chocolate chips then see these:
- Ultimate Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Spiked Baileys Fudge
- Hershey Kiss Cookies
Click HERE to save these maple walnut blondies to Pinterest
White Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 9 X 9 square baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in walnuts, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Fold the dry mixture into the wet, mixing until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips
- Pour the dough into your baking dish and spread it evenly into the pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, until the center of the blondies, is cooked through and the edges are golden brown.