My favorite way to serve this Chicken Parmigiana is with steamed asparagus and a fresh crisp salad with low-fat Italian dressing. That makes a great low-calorie meal.
If you enjoy our Healthier Chicken Parmigiana then:
Chicken Parmigiana Healthier version
- 3/4 cup All Bran Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 2 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-fat Mozzarella cheese shredded
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- cooking spray
- In a food processor grind cereal into crumbs. Transfer into a shallow bowl, add basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg substitute into a second shallow bowl
- One at a time, dip chicken breasts into egg substitute, shaking off excess, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce over chicken in skillet, sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover. Cook until cheese melts. 2-3 minutes sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.