My favorite way to serve this Chicken Parmigiana is with steamed asparagus and a fresh crisp salad with low-fat Italian dressing. That makes a great low-calorie meal.
Chicken Parmigiana Healthier version
- 3/4 cup All Bran Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 2 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low-fat Mozzarella cheese shredded
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- cooking spray
- In a food processor grind cereal into crumbs. Transfer into a shallow bowl, add basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg substitute into a second shallow bowl
- One at a time, dip chicken breasts into egg substitute, shaking off excess, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce over chicken in skillet, sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover. Cook until cheese melts. 2-3 minutes sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
If you enjoyed our Healthier Chicken Parmigiana then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.