Roasted vegetables and sausage is a healthy one pot recipe using baked Italian sausage. It is an easy one pan sausage and veggies with oven roasted sausage and healthy vegetables
We are jumping on the bandwagon by cooking with healthy baking sheets with this one pan sausage and veggies recipe. We believe we scored a big one when we discovered this healthy one pot recipe or sheet pan dinner.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This oven-roasted sausage and vegetable recipe is a healthy choice for dinner and is also keto-friendly. Sheet Pan Dinners are easy and make cleanup a breeze. All the ingredients for this healthy one pot meal are placed on one large cookie sheet and baked.
Roasted Vegetables and Sausage Recipe:
- 1 pound Turkey Italian Sausage Links
- 1 pound Broccoli Florets
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Olive
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Parmesan Cheese, for Topping
- Large Baking Sheet
How to make one pan sausage and veggies on a sheet pan:
Start your baked Italian Sausage dinner by cutting up the veggies first. Chop one yellow bell pepper and one red bell pepper into bite-size chunks. Separate and cut the broccoli into bite-size florets.
Place the broccoli and peppers on a large baking sheet and spread out evenly. I just love this combination of veggies, they are so bright and colorful. It is said one eats with their eyes first and I totally believe it.
Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the sheet pan dinner vegetables. And toss them to coat well, then spread them out as evenly as possible.
We like to use garlic powder not garlic salt because sometimes garlic salt just tweaks the saltiness too much. I guess I am a little bit of a control freak when it comes to seasonings but I like to be in charge of the seasonings. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder over all the veggies.
We have just recently discovered Himalayan pink salt, it’s said to contain more minerals and nutrients. The darker the salt to more nutrient-rich it is or so they say. I just love using it and the added health benefits are always a plus with me. Also, sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper.
Add 1 tsp dried basil and toss all the vegetables to evenly distribute the seasonings. We used dried basil but if you use freshly chopped remember it’s a 3 to 1 conversion. So use 3 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon of fresh basil instead of 1 teaspoon of dried.
Slice the sausage into bite-size pieces and place evenly around the tray making sure not to overcrowd. Everything will cook better if it is in one layer.
Place in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the oven-roasted sausage is done and the vegetables are tender.
Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the baking sheet for garnish and flavor. And it only takes a little bit of cheese to make it deliciously flavorful.
Now grab a fork and enjoy this healthy one pot sausage and veggies dish. These sheet pan dinners are easier than a one pot meal. And roasted vegetables and sausage are one of our favorite healthy baking sheets ideas.
Other Healthy Meals:
- Shrimp Scampi Foil Packet Dinners
- Spaghetti Squash Chicken Parm
- How I Lost 20lbs in 3 months
- 25 Healthy Sheet Pan Recipes
- Weeks Worth of Healthy Food Prep
Click HERE to save this one pan sausage and veggies to Pinterest
Roasted Sausage and Vegetables on a Sheet Pan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the red and yellow bell peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the broccoli florets and the chopped peppers onto a baking sheet, and pour the olive oil over them, tossing to coat well.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste, basil and garlic powder to the vegetables and toss again to coat.
- Slice the Italian sausage into bite-sized pieces, and place them on the baking sheet with the vegetables in an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the baking sheet for garnish and flavor