Remember all those great thoughts we had after New Year’s day? You know the ones that we were going to eat healthier and in the process lose a few holiday pounds?
Yeah, us too. And then along came the biggest football game of the season. So we had to treat ourselves and our guests with some delicious snacks and let’s be honest, most of them were not low calorie.
And before we recovered from those fun parties, along came the world of chocolate for Valentine’s day! Yes, we must confess we indulged.
But now you think of all those healthy fruits and vegetables that you bought after New Years to start those lofty goals and you also remember how much went to waste? And you are hesitant to try that again? Not to worry we have you covered with ideas and tools to not let that happen again. Also, we have several meal prep snacks
See these other Healthy Meals Ideas:
- Shrimp Scampi in a foil packet meal
- 25 Sheet Pan Healthy Recipes
- 21 Slow Cooker Healthy Recipes
- How I lost 20 lbs in 3 months
What Tools will you need for Healthy Meal Planning and Living
Now let us show you some healthy meal prep meals ideas right here:
We all have a recipe or plan when we buy our fresh veggies and then we bring them home and put them in the fridge awaiting their turn to be chopped into delicious healthy veggie dishes. But we know the chopping is the most time-consuming part and after a long day, who wants to begin prepping vegetables? So we don’t and those gorgeous veggies just go to waste and we don’t stay on our track to healthy eating.
But how about if we prep and season each meal’s veggies, and store them in Rubbermaid’s® most premium and upscale storage sets as soon as we arrive home from the store? That would be a great way to do our healthy meal prep meals, wouldn’t it? Or pick a day to prepare several vegetable dishes to have ready for a quick microwave side dish.
Healthy Meal Prep Meals for Vegetable Side Dishes:
- Lemon Seasoned Asparagus -fresh asparagus seasoned with olive oil and McCormick lemon and Pepper Seasoning
- Squash Medley (zucchini and yellow squash, sliced, with a couple of slices of purple onion and red bell pepper placed in a container with garlic clove, season with salt, pepper, olive oil, and McCormick Vegetable seasoning)
- Stir Fry Veggie Prep– zucchini, yellow squash cut into sticks, slices of purple onion, mushrooms and red bell pepper.
- Sweet Potato Wedges– Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper and Pumpkin Pie Spice or Freeze Dried Chives. Store them in the containers until it’s time to place them on a sheet pan for roasting.
All these dishes could be safely stored in these food storage containers ready for a quick and healthy meal for your family.
We can microwave most of the healthy meals right in the microwave.
Just lift the tabs for venting and gently place the lid on top and microwave according to your desired doneness.
How to Marinate Meat for Main Dish Recipes.
- Marinaded Chicken Breasts– Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts marinated overnight in Tuscan Italian Salad Dressing
- Fajitas– skirt steak or lean slices of steak loin with olive oil and Spice Hunter Fajita Seasoning Blend (contains no sugar nor salt) served with lettuce, tomato, and avocado with whole-grain tortillas and low-fat cheese
- Pork Loin– marinated with Teriyaki Sauce (sauce contains so trans fats, msg nor preservatives)
Meal Prep Snacks to go:
By prepping ahead it is also helpful in keeping those snack cravings under control. Prepare several servings of healthy snacks already portioned in containers. Meal prep snacks ahead of time and not be tempted to grab that candy bar or those chips.
- Vegetable Snacks– celery sticks, baby carrots, cucumber slices
- Protein snack– red bell pepper slices, lean sandwich ham slices, rolled and cheese sticks
- Healthy Fruit Salad– strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries
- Cheese and fruit to go– grapes, cheese cubes and cashews
Fulfilling our daily and weekly goals of healthy eating comes down to a little planning ahead of time. And this limiting our time spent getting healthy food on the table quickly. Prepping our meals and meal prep snacks ahead of time gives us the benefit of easy and quick dinners and takes away the temptation or in our case, the excuses. Especially on those nights, when we are just too tired to face chopping veggies.
Now we are ready to get back to our goals of getting fit before summer and we have the tools and extra meal prep cookbooks to do it.
We are all doing this together and we just know we will see some great results. See it’s all about organizing and having the right equipment. And that will save us time, effort and money in obtaining our weight loss goals. So I know we can do this one meal, one snack, one day and one week at a time! We are always looking to make Healthy Meals prep go quicker and easier. And that is how it makes it easier to stay on our healthy eating plan.
Meal prep cookbook Suggestions:
- Easy Meals to Cook, Prep, Grab and Go
- Plans to Prep and Potion your weekly Meals
- Meal Prep for Two
- The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep