This is how I lost 20lbs in 3 months using an ideal weight loss plan. Come with us on a healthy journey and learn how I lost weight and stayed healthier
As most of you know, I have been on a healthy journey over the last three months. And I’m here today to tell you how I lost 20lbs in 3 months. Hopefully, by seeing how I lost weight, this will also help you to lose weight.
Before you read about our experience and how I lost 20 pounds in 3 months ask yourself these questions:
- Do you wish to be healthier?
- Do you wish to look better in your clothes?
- Are you looking to feel better?
- Do you wish to sleep better?
- Do you wish you had more energy?
- And do you wish to lose a few pounds?
Of course, you do and we did also. And we can now answer Done to all those questions.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is my story of how I lost weight:
All successful people who lose weight start with a plan and never lose focus on that objective. So don’t go blindly, grab a pencil and paper and let’s get started.
Our First Steps to how I lost 20lbs in 3 months:
- Knowledge is Power- Make a Plan and Educate yourself on the plan and know what you can and what you can’t put in your mouth using guidelines in this guide
- Gather together your exercise equipment: Yes, we all have exercise equipment. Dumbbells, jump rope, bicycle, etc. You don’t need a high-dollar home gym or gym membership.
- Throw out or donate all junk food in your house. It’s not waste, it will just put more on your hips that you will just have to work off later, get rid of it now because either way, you will have to get rid of it.
We chose Whole 30 as our Plan:
What is the Whole 30 Plan
The whole 30 plan is a clean eating plan where one removes all the foods that might have a negative impact on one’s health. Such as sugar, alcohol, dairy, legumes, and grains. At first, I balked, “I’m not giving up cheese” I said. Well just ask yourself, how many times have you really tasted all that cheese on your hamburger, topped on Mexican food or pilled onto a salad? Try to enjoy any of those foods without cheese and just see if you miss it or is it just a habit. I vote habit.
What you can eat on the Whole 30 plan
- Vegetables even potatoes and avocados
- Meat like Beef
What you can’t eat on the Whole 30 plan:
- No sugar no sweeteners, no artificial nor natural
- No alcohol, not even wine
- Not grains not even whole grains
- No Dairy
- No Soy
- Not legumes such as peanuts
- Nothing with preservatives
We tell ourselves all the time that we are strong and we can do it. And I bet you are also! Be strong for thirty days and try it and I bet after that time, you will continue as we did.
What you will need for this idea weight loss plan:
- Whole 30 Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
- The Whole 30 Cookbook
- Spiral Notebook or a Food Planner
- Scales-yes you need to have a starting and an ending weight (no worries, that’s the only time you step on the scales)
“Nothing tastes as good as losing weight!” I decided to share what I have learned and how I lost 20lbs in 3 months. But sorry, no before or after pictures, I don’t have it in me to share those before pictures and yes, I am a little vain
Here is what started this weight loss journey:
I just woke up one morning and noticed that I had gained 30 lbs overnight. Isn’t that the way it happens, you kinda know things are getting out of control but you ignore it until one day, you really look in the mirror. And Woowser!
After the initial shock wore off, I slunk away from the mirror then I begin my assault on this arch enemy.
I begin by compiling all the information I could glean from healthy eating to lose weight. My hubby, who is always on board, begin by putting together workout plans. We have always made a great team and it’s always easier to accomplish any goal with a team or a buddy.
We have decided that Whole 30 would work for us. It feels like we are giving up a lot but seriously it is so doable and we haven’t missed what is not on the menu.
We can even have a delicious baked potato with all the flavor of butter by using Ghee. Click here to get instructions on how to make Ghee.
Exercise is also how I lost weight:
So sorry to say there is not any miracle pill or miracle diet that you will be at that perfect size tomorrow! But 3 months will be here in 3 months so it’s your decision to either be at this same crossroads or nearer your goal in those same 3 months. Also, staying focused is how I lost weight.
All successful people who lose weight start with a plan and never lose focus on that objective.
Other Tips and Recipes for ideal weight loss
- Amplify your workout at home
- 21 Low Carb and Low Fat Recipes
- Possible reasons for not losing weight
- Healthy Meal Prep for a Week
We just took it one day at a time and supported each other. And now my hubby is down 20+ pounds and is now piling on the muscle. Yeah, guys are different, they are not happy watching the scale go down, they really want that muscle mass to go up.
We are just taking it one day at a time and doing what we need to do today so we will be healthier tomorrow. And we feel great, remember nothing tastes better than losing weight. And this is how I lost 20lbs in 3 months and how I am continuing to lose weight.