Make homemade Chocolate Turtle Candy with these easy steps. This Turtle Chocolate candy has a white chocolate stripe and is the best chocolate turtles ever.
We had a friend that would always give away boxes of Homemade Chocolate Turtle Candy at Christmas and Easter time. They were delicious and we felt special to receive these sweet treats of pecans, caramel, and chocolate. Sad to say that we no longer live near her and every year I miss these
These chocolate turtles are really not that hard to make and they make the most thoughtful and special gifts. We thought we would try our hand at making some of these delicious treats. You need only three ingredients, four if you add a little decoration like these white chocolate stripes.
With candy making or should we say assembling the ingredient. Because there is no baking nor mixing in this instructions. It’s just heating up our chocolate and caramel.
These Candy Turtles would be great to package up in these theme boxes to give as gifts for Mother’s Day, Christmas, Valentines Day or Easter.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Equipment needed to make these Chocolate Turtle Candy:
- Chocolate or Candy melting pot or a double boiler
- Good Candy Thermometer
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle, optional for decorating
- Candy storage Jars, optional
This recipe that would be fun to do with kids, they could assemble the pecans in the shape of the turtles. And watch while an adult heats the chocolate and caramel. I know they would love eating them at Christmas time or anytime.
If you enjoy this Candy Recipe then see these:
Click HERE to save this Chocolate Turtle recipe to Pinterest
Chocolate Turtle Candy
- Carefully spoon the melted caramel to form each turtle’s body connecting the head and legs
- Let the caramel cool until firm
- Melt the chocolate in a candy melting pot or double boiler until melted
- Spoon the chocolate over the caramel and as much of the legs and head as you wish
- Let the chocolate cool until firm
- Melt the white chocolate in the candy melting pot or double boiler until it reaches 170° F. Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Use the squeeze bottle to design stripes or the design of your choosing on each turtle