New Year’s Eve printable games for themed New Years Eve scavenger hunts, Pictionary, Scattergories, and Charades. Download any or all of these Free New Years Eve Games Printables and enjoy a New Year’s Eve with good times and laughter.
Whether you are hosting a party or staying home with just your family, New Year’s Eve is always upbeat and fun. Everyone is excited for the clock to strike midnight and for the new year to begin. Silly party hats and loads of noise makers are in abundance and there is a festive feeling in the air. We set out finger foodies and other hors d’oeuvre for everyone to snack on as they mingle. And of course there are many choices of beverages but bubbly beverages are always best in my book.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Interactive games are always a great ice breaker and gets any party rolling. And games that celebrate all things New Year are a great addition to your New Year Eve’s celebration. And we have come up with four popular games to play with the minimal amount of work or money on your part: Scavenger hunt, Pictionary, Scattergories, and Charades with Printables for each.
New Year’s Eve Printable Games:
You can print out all the games and then decide how many additional copies of each that you need. Or you can chose the game or games you wish.
- Download and print the Free New Years Eve Games Printables
- New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt – print only page 1
- New Year’s Eve Charades – pages 2-3 (blank page 6 if needed)
- New Year’s Eve Pictionary – pages 4-5 (blank page 6)
- New Year’s Eve Scattergories – page 7
New Years Eve Scavenger Hunt Directions:
Scavenger Hunts are always a fun activity for the young and the young at heart. It’s a super simple game idea that all can play. We have several items on this New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt Printable and it might be fun if you hide a few to make the game more challenging or you could add few extra.
How to have a New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt:
- New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt – print copies of only page 1. (Print these ahead of time on either regular copy paper or card stock prior to the party)
- Everyone gets a printed copy of items to locate.
- Have pencils handy so everyone can check off the items as they find them.
- Make sure you have all the items around your home and maybe make a few harder to find
- You could either have a set time to end the game or play until someone finds all the items on the list.
- Have New Year’s Eve themed fun prizes for the winners or for all the contestants that played.
New Years Eve Charades:
Charades are always a great game to get everyone together and interacting. If you have never played charades then get ready to enjoy an evening of laughter and crazy antics. We have two pages of New Year’s Eve themed words and phases on this Printable for a successful game of charades. Or you could write up your own phrases with our blank printable sheet.
How to play New Year’s Eve Charades
- Print out the two sheets of charades and cut them into strips following the lines on the boxes.
- Fold and place all the paper slips in a hat, pan or bowl so each one can be drawn out separately.
- Have a 3 minute timer on hand.
- Divide the players into 2 teams and decide by flipping a coin to see which one goes first.
- First player of Team#1 draws a slip from the container and without speaking, acts out what’s on the slip.
- The players teammates try to guess the correct answer in 3 minutes.
- If Team#1 can not guess before the buzzer goes off then the Team#2 has an opportunity to guess. If they get the correct answer then they get the points.
- Then Team #2 draws a slip of paper and the game continues in the same manner.
New Year’s Eve Scattergories Directions:
Scattergories is a game where one tries to write down as many unique words as possible beginning with a certain letter. Everyone has their own paper and the event is timed. Players receive one (1) point for every word that no one else used. So the more unique the words, the better the chance of winning.
How to play New Year’s Eve Scattergories
- Print out the Scattergories Printable, you will need one for every player. Or you could divide up in groups no more than 3 people in a group is a good idea.
- Gather a timer or small 3 minute hour glass. Or you could make it wilder by reducing the time to 2 minutes.
- Make sure everyone has a pen and doesn’t see the clues ahead of time.
- Everyone has 3 minutes to write out their unique words for the letter Y using the clues on the left of the printable. Then the letter E, A and R allowing 3 minutes for each column.
- Players receive one (1) point for every word that no one else used.
- Have prizes for the winner or winners.
New Year’s Eve Pictionary:
Pictionary is a game where one draws a picture that represents a word to make the rest of their team guess it correctly. It’s gets silly, crazy and wild with loads of laughter. In our house, we do not use the game board, we have a large white board and a couple packs of dry erase markers in assorted colors. And we always divide up boys against the girls because the competition gets fierce and the smack talk goes unchecked. It’s crazy and we have many awesome memories of playing with our kids and grandkids.
How to Play New Year’s Eve Pictionary:
- Print out the Printables for Pictionary and cut them up into strips following the lines to separate the different words or phases. Fold each one and place in a hat, bowl or pot.
- Divide up into teams, I suggest the boys against the girls, its way more fun, trust me.
- Have a white board or chalk board set up so that everyone can see. And place several erasable markers (or chalk) in a basket near the white board.
- Flip a coin to decide which team goes first.
- One person from team #1 picks one slip of paper out of the hat. Then he/she has 1 minute to draw whatever it takes to encourage his/her teammates to guess the word or phase on the slip of paper
- If Team #1 doesn’t guess before the timer goes off then Team #2 has one opportunity to guess. The team that answers correctly gets the point or points or if no one answers correctly then no points are given.
- Then Team#2 takes their turn and the game continues.
- Have fun or silly New Year’s Eve prizes to give to the winners.
We hope you have an amazing New Year’s Eve and enjoyed these Scavenger hunt, Pictionary, Scattergories, and Charades games.
New Year’s Eve Snacks:
- Red Lobster Biscuit Mix Sausage Balls
- Garlic Herb Cheese Ball
- Spinach Puffs Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Little Smokies
- Italian sausage wrapped in dough
Cocktails – Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic:
- Non-Alcoholic Pineapple Strawberry Fizz
- Pineapple Orange Mimosa
- Sparkling Strawberry Bellini
- Non-Alcoholic -Whipped Blue Kool-aid
- Grand Marnier Mimosa
Click HERE to save New Year’s Eve Printable Games to your Pinterest account
Which is your favorite New Year’s Game- Scavenger Hunt, Pictionary, Scattergories, or Charades?