We weren’t introduced to Tuna Melts until we were adults, not sure if Tuna Melt sandwiches were just not popular in our area of the woods or if my mother just didn’t like them.
Anyways our version is an open faced Tuna melt with a twist, we exchanged the pickles for pimentos, melted provolone cheese and grilled some onions to top slices of toasted artisan sourdough bread.
- 4 slices of Artisan Sourdough Bread
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1- 12 oz can of Tuna, drained
- 1- 4 oz jar of sliced pimentos, drained
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 4 slices of provolone cheese