Bacon and eggs are an all-American breakfast in many households across the country. Like Apple Pie and Ice cream, bacon just goes with eggs. So today we are making these easy little prosciutto appetizers by filling them with spinach quiche with mascarpone cheese. It’s bringing that everyday All-American breakfast duo to a higher level with gluten free quiche baked in prosciutto cups.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
These Prosciutto cups can be made so very easy and the sky is the limit on the possible fillings for gluten free quiche. They are not just for breakfast, they make a dynamite brunch dish or fun little prosciutto appetizers for a cocktail party.
Quiche Prosciutto cups Recipe:
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut into half’
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- pinch black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Muffin Tin
- Medium Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
How to make prosciutto quiche cups
- Start your prosciutto quiche by placing half slices of prosciutto in each cup of the mini muffin pan. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and cook garlic over medium heat about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and sauté stirring continuously until the spinach wilts about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs, add mascarpone cheese, salt, and pepper and beat very well. Divide the sautéed spinach among the prosciutto cups and pour the egg mixture carefully over the spinach. Bake about 10 minutes at 400 degrees and remove them from the oven.
Serve as prosciutto appetizers with a sprinkle of chopped fresh chives and parmesan cheese or for a breakfast or bunch dish. These prosciutto quiche cups make a gorgeous plate for a Mother’s Day or Easter brunch or just any weekend that you know your family deserves something extra special.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Click HERE to save this prosciutto quiche cups to Pinterest
Mini Quiches in Prosciutto Cups
- medium skillet
- 6 slices prosciutto halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups compacted baby spinach roughly chopped
- 3 eggs scrambled
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- Pinch Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chives chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and spray the cups of a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- Fit a half-slice of prosciutto into each mini muffin cup leaving some above the pan edge.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the garlic over medium heat about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and sauté stirring continuously until the spinach wilts about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs, add mascarpone cheese, salt, and pepper. Beat very well
- Divide the sautéed spinach among the prosciutto cups and pour egg mixture carefully over the spinach
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh cut chives prior to serving