These Baked Turkey Meatballs that can be served with whole wheat spaghetti or fettuccini. It’s our best turkey meatball recipe that is easy and healthier than the norm.
It’s always a toss up for me between Mexican Food and Italian Food I love both. But we are eating healthy and staying fit so I have to be careful when I indulge in either one.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We were craving good old-fashioned Spaghetti and Meatballs the other day but we didn’t wish to lose any ground on our healthy journey. So we tweaked a few recipes and came up with baked turkey meatballs and whole grain fettuccine. And we believe this is the best turkey meatball recipe and we would rather have them than any other.
We used a meatball maker to have gorgeous meatballs and we baked them which made everything so easy. We also used baking mats to make clean up easier and our meatballs did not stick. One of the simplest solutions to help stay on a healthy eating plan to make food preparation as easy as possible. Using a canned pasta sauce and a healthier pasta makes this dish quick. We spend the extra time making our homemade meatballs which make all the difference in the world.
These are the Best Turkey Meatballs, filled with fresh herbs and with less fat than their beef counterpart. And since it’s served with a whole grain pasta there is no guilt involved so you can enjoy a great Italian meal and still stay on your goal plan.
Other Healthier Recipes:
Click HERE to save this best turkey meatballs Recipe to Pinterest
Best Turkey Meatball Recipe
An easy but healthier meatball recipes making huge meatballs to be served over pasta
- 1.25 lbs lean ground Turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 12 oz whole grain spaghetti or whole grain linguine
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, and black pepper. Mix ingredients thoroughly and then use a meatball maker and shape into large 1 1/2-inch diameter meatballs.
- Arrange meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in oven 45-50 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- In a large saucepan, combine the pasta sauce and the cooked meatballs. Simmer over low heat until the sauce warmed thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- While the pasta sauce is heating, prepare spaghetti (or linguine or fettucini) accordingly to its package directions.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving dish, top with meatballs and pasta sauce
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Serving size is about 2-3 meatballs per person
Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1264mg | Potassium: 1301mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1264IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 7mg
Sunday 2nd of March 2014
G'day! Would love to come through the screen and try now! YUM!Thanks for sharing at the Foodie Friends Friday Nothing but Noodles Pasta party!Cheers! Joanne
The Ninja Baker
Saturday 1st of March 2014
So glad I saw your heathy take on spaghetti at the Noodles Party. Pure comfort! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Evelyn =)
Robyn Wright of RobynsOnlineWorld.com
Monday 10th of February 2014
Going to try these turkey meatballs for sure!
Friday 14th of June 2013
I like the fresh herbs in these monsters. Looks good--hearty and healthy! Thanks for linking!
Jessica @ The Wondering Brain
Thursday 13th of June 2013
That looks pretty good! I've never tried turkey meatballs before. Thanks so much for sharing the reicpe with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party :)
JessicaThe Wondering Brain