These skinny green chicken enchiladas contains white chicken breast, low fat cheese and lower calorie corn tortillas. All that great flavor we love but without the guilt. And we pair it with a flavorful green salad. And to help you and I stay on track this can be a make ahead casserole dish for those busy weeknight dinners.
Skinny Chicken Enchiladas Calories:
- Two corn tortillas are only 90 calories
- 1/4 cup of chicken breast is about 60 calories
- Less than 20 calories low fat cheese per enchilada in this recipe
- Less than 50 calories in each 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
- A little more than 300 calories for a serving of two enchiladas using this recipe
How to make Skinny Green Chicken Enchiladas:
Scroll down for the printable recipe
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 28oz can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- sliced black olives
- Lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
Add about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the chicken breast mixture and heat.
Place the sauce covered heated tortilla on the bottom on a 8 X 8 baking dish. Spoon about 1/8 of the chicken mixture onto the center of the tortilla and roll up. Normally one would also add additional cheese at this point but since we are cutting out calories we are not.
Other Mexican Food Recipes:
Click HERE to save this recipe for chicken enchiladas with green sauce to Pinterest
Skinny Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Heat your oven to 350° F. Spray a large skillet or dutch oven with a cooking spray and add the chopped jalapeño
- Sauté the jalapeños over medium high heat until tender and slightly charred.
- Add the shredded chicken breast to the skillet and about 3 of the chopped green onions (save the last one for garnish). Stir to combine.
- Add about 1 cup of the enchilada sauce to the chicken breast mixture and heat.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce in a separate saucepan and heat. Dip a corn tortilla into the heated sauce just long enough to heat up the tortilla but not long enough for it to crumble.
- Place the sauce covered heated tortilla on the bottom on a 8 X 8 baking dish. Spoon about 1/8 of the chicken mixture onto the center of the tortilla and roll up. Normally one would also add additional cheese at this point but since we are cutting out calories we are not.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas then pour the remaining sauce over the rolled enchiladas. Sprinkle the top of the skinny chicken enchiladas with cover with foil. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, chopped onions and avocado.