I love to cook but sometimes I want something quick and easy but still homemade and fresh. I am not crazy about those prepackaged pasta dishes, they have way too much sodium and I don't know what else is in them.
So I have been just dying to try some of these one pot pasta recipes, you know the ones, you throw everything in the pot and then cook it and it comes out perfect!!
So I put it to the test!
This pasta was delicious, popping with great flavor and it was easier than preparing those boxed prepared pastas!
We declared it a winner!!
One Pot Pasta
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 12 oz linguine
- 12 oz grape tomatoes cut into fourths
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Place all ingredients in a large stockpot, place on high heat and bring to a simmering boil.
2. Continue to cook for 8-9 minutes tossing with tongs
3. Remove from heat and serve with grated parmesan cheese on top if desired.
Powered by Recipage
Other great side dishes: