Make these adorable Cookie Christmas trees with our Christmas Sugar Cookies recipe. And by using this Christmas Cookie Icing recipe, you can make unique Christmas Tree Cookies that your family will love.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We have seen loads of different Christmas tree cookies, but this is our favorite. And I bet it just might be yours also. Because who wouldn’t just love 3D Cookie Christmas Trees?
We made these cookies with simple Christmas sugar cookies, and Christmas cookie icing and then stacked them into pretty little cookie Christmas trees.
You can make these Christmas Tree cookies by baking three different size sugar cookies and then stack them, biggest to smallest. Use Christmas Cookie Icing between each cookie and place a candy sprinkle star on top.
Start your cookies by whisking the dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and set aside. Add butter, sugar in a larger bowl and beat well until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Mix in flour mixture an beat until well to form a cookie dough.
Using three different sized cookie scoops make different size balls of cookie dough. Create sets of 3 for each of your Cookie Christmas Trees. Bake on baking mats or parchment paper covered cookie sheets in a 375 F degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Remove and place on wire cooling racks while mixing your Christmas cookie icing.
In a large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and green gel food coloring. Slowly add powdered sugar mixing with each addition. Then add more drops of food coloring if needed to reach your desired color.
Use a cake decorator or a piping bag with a star tip to add a small amount of icing to the largest cookie, then the medium cookie ending with the smallest size cookie.
Add a gold star sprinkle on top of each Cookie Christmas Tree. This recipe should make 18 to 24 trees depending on the size each set of sugar cookies.
These Christmas tree cookies bring sugar cookies to a whole new level. We have always made Christmas sugar cookies, but this has been the most popular.
Christmas Tree Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until just combined. Stir in flour mixture and blend well.
- Use three different size cookie scoops roll the sugar cookie dough into small sized balls. Create sets of 3 different sizes, one larger, one medium, and one small to create your tree. The biggest cookie should be about 1 ½ inches wide.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cookies are turning golden brown near the bottom.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on wire cooling racks.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and green food coloring.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, mixing well with each addition.
- Add more green food coloring, if necessary, to get your desired shade of green, 1-2 drops at a time.
- Add a small amount of frosting to the larger cookie, add the medium on top, and repeat to add the smaller cookie. Top with one last bit of frosting.
- Add your star sprinkles to the top of your tree.
- Repeat for all of the cookies. This recipe makes 18-24 trees.
If you enjoyed our Cookie Christmas Tree Recipe then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.