How to Make Amish Potato Soup:
Scroll down for the printable recipe
If you enjoyed this Chunky Potato Soup then:
- Uncle Carl’s Creole Blackeye Peas and Rice
- Minestrone Soup
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Click HERE To save this Amish Potato Soup To Pinterest
Amish Potato Soup
- Cook bacon in a dutch oven until done
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate. Chop or crumble into bite-size pieces.
- Pour off all but a couple tablespoons of the bacon grease. Saute the celery and onion in the bacon grease until tender
- Add potatoes stir and then add water, bay leaves and salt and black pepper. Boil over medium-high heat until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of nutmeg.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes in the broth leaving them chunky. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Milk can be added if the consistency is not to your liking.
- Serve with the chopped bacon, grated cheddar cheese, and fresh chives or green onions sprinkled on top.