Here’s how to make a homemade sugar body scrub using this simple orange sugar scrub recipe. And it’s easy these scrub directions using natural ingredients.
If you are like us you are leaning towards natural in as many areas of your life as possible. We love a great exfoliate scrub but we wonder what it contains. We have read that so many scrubs contain oils that can actually clog or irritate your pores. So we started researching homemade options and starting researching salt scrubs vs sugar scrubs. And reading on the benefits of a sugar scrub over a salt scrub.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We have learned that a homemade sugar body scrub is a gentle abrasion that removes dead skin but doesn’t dry out the skin. Sugar is a natural humectant so actually draws moisture into your skin. Sugar crystals are finer salt making them less abrasive. A homemade sugar scrub is better for your skin than a salt scrub because it is gentler on your skin. Scrubs should be used about once a week to remove all the dead cells and reinvigorate the skin. And always moisturize afterward.
Orange Sugar Scrub Ingredients and Directions:
Scroll down for Printable Instructions
- Coconut Oil
- Sweet orange Essential Oil
- Orange Zest
- Red food coloring and Yellow food coloring
NOTE–For the complete measurements scroll down
Add sugar and coconut to a medium bowl and stir well. Then add essential oil, food coloring, and orange zest.
Stir until all the ingredients are very well combined.
Place your homemade sugar scrub in a 4oz jar using a jar funnel. Then gently poke the scrub down and pack into 3 jars.
These would be great gifts for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas or birthdays. Now how many are you going to make?
Other DIY Gift Ideas
- DIY Simmer Pot to make your home smell amazing
- Unique Bird Feeder using repurposed items
- Easy Mason jar brownie mix for gifts
- Mason jar solar lights
Click HERE to save Homemade Orange Sugar Scrub to Pinterest
Orange Sugar Scrub
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 20 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 1 tsp zest from an orange
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 3 4 oz mason jars
- Add sugar and coconut oil to a bowl, stir well.
- Add essential oil, food coloring, and orange zest.
- Stir to combine.
- Using a canning funnel, pour into 4-ounce mason jars.