I have probably bought pumpkin pie spice in the past but I don’t anymore for several reasons.
- Number one, I don’t like to spend money on another jar that contains spices I already have in my pantry.
- Number two, (my kids would probably tell you this should be number 1) I am also a kind of a control freak, I always wish to know what is in any blend and have my own opinion on what should be in or not in any blend.
- Number three, Making your own pumpkin pie spice is totally the way to go. It can be tweaked to your family’s taste buds, like more cinnamon, less nutmeg, etc.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
You can easily grab your favorite measuring spoons and mix your pumpkin pie spice blend exactly to your taste. Then use this blend in your pumpkin pies, lattes, over popcorn, spiced nuts, desserts, and this list goes on and on. I have even used it on roasted veggies. And for your convenience we have included several recipes below that you can use this Pumpkin spice substitute. Or just replace the store bought version with this blend for any of your family recipes. Please let us know if in the comments your favorite way to use this fall spice blend.
Use this Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend flavor in these recipes:
Click HERE to save this Pumpkin Spice Substitute to Pinterest
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- Mix all ingredients into a small bowl, stir to combine well
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year