Pumpkin pie squares with a shortbread crust and topped with a pecan crumble. This dessert square recipe could also be cut into bars for pumpkin pecan bars.
As soon as Labor Day is over, I am all in for Fall. Not only do we love the cooler weather but also the excitement of the coming holidays, football season, and a brand new school year. And it’s all about change and a time for all those Fall smells to engulf our home. You know the ones, the smells of pumpkins, apples, caramel, popcorn balls, and roasted nuts.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I’m jumping right in with this dessert square recipe to bring you just a couple of those fall flavors. And these Pumpkin pie squares with shortbread crust are topped with a crumble of oatmeal, pecans and brown sugar. Ok, everyone, LIGHT THOSE OVENS!!! Because It’s FALL YA”LL!
Other Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bars
Click HERE to save this Pumpkin Pie Squares recipe to Pinterest
Pumpkin Pie Squares or Pumpkin Pecan Bars
For the Filling
For the Crust
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and butter as for pie crust and press into ungreased 9 X 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
For the Filling
- Combine the pure pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, salt and evaporated milk and beat well
- Pour onto crust and bake for 30 minutes
For the Topping
- Mix the pecans, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal and 1 teaspoon vanilla and sprinkle over the filling
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes until set, remove and allow to cool before cutting into squares