My family loves my old fashioned chicken salad. It’s simple and easy. And you could either make this chicken salad from canned chicken or you could shred leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from your local market. I know most people add grapes or other fruit to this recipe but we like our chicken salad with celery and onions. But we do add a secret ingredient. Ok maybe not too secret but a little bit of seasoned salt just makes this pop.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you enjoyed this Chicken Salad then see these other recipes:
Click HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest
Old Fashioned Chicken Salad from Canned Chicken
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Drain both cans of chicken and place chicken in a large bowl. Shred the canned chicken with a fork until completely shredded.
- Add the chopped celery, onion and season with the seasoning salt. Stir to combine
- Add the mayonnaise and mix very well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least a couple of hours allowing flavors to marry.
- Serve in sandwiches on just about any kind of bread. Or you could use an ice cream scoop to serve it over a fresh green salad.