Enjoy old fashioned chicken salad with celery either on a salad or in a sandwich. Make chicken salad from canned chicken with a special seasoning.
My family loves my old fashioned chicken salad. It’s simple and easy. And you could either make this chicken salad from canned chicken or you could shred leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from your local market. I know most people add grapes or other fruit to this recipe but we like our chicken salad with celery and onions. But we do add a secret ingredient. Ok maybe not too secret but a little bit of seasoned salt just makes this salad pop.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you enjoyed this Chicken Salad then see these other recipes:
Click HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest
Old Fashioned Chicken Salad from Canned Chicken
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Drain both cans of chicken and place chicken in a large bowl. Shred the canned chicken with a fork until completely shredded.
- Add the chopped celery, onion and season with the seasoning salt. Stir to combine
- Add the mayonnaise and mix very well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least a couple of hours allowing flavors to marry.
- Serve in sandwiches on just about any kind of bread. Or you could use an ice cream scoop to serve it over a fresh green salad.