Make a Southern Egg Salad topped with bacon for egg salad sandwiches. Or add chopped jalapeños for a spicy Texas Egg Salad or try some of our other great egg salad variations. We have suggestions for what to serve with egg salad sandwiches. You could use leftover Easter eggs for an Easter egg salad with this same recipe.
Right around Easter time whether you dye eggs or not, it’s a great time to buy extra eggs. Eggs tend to go on sale at this time and there are so many different recipes you could make with eggs. Eggs at breakfast is a given as are dyeing them for Easter. And you can make Easter egg salad from your dyed eggs! Win win!
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
And we make our Southern egg salad all summer long not just around Easter. There are so many ways to serve egg salad. It can be a great topping for any green salad, served with crackers or made into the best egg salad sandwiches. But we are always open to any ideas you might wish to share. So how do you serve egg salad?
Egg Salad Recipe Southern Style:
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
How to Make Southern Egg Salad:
Chop up your hard boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, dry mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
Fold together all ingredients until completely combined and taste. Adjust your seasonings ie salt pepper or pickle juice.
Add your crumbled cooked bacon pieces and stir to combine. Or at this time your could add any other variations as shown below. Place in refrigerator until cool.
Ways to Serve Egg Salad:
- Spread on crackers
- Egg salad sandwiches
- Topped on a loaded green salad
- Stuffed on celery sticks
- Egg Salad Wrap
- Stuffed into an avocado half
- Stuffed into a tomato
Texas Jalapeño Egg Salad and other egg salad variations:
You could leave out the bacon for these or not, it’s totally up to you
- Texas Egg Salad– Add 1-2 chopped pickled jalapeños
- Homestyle egg Salad– omit onion powder and add 2 tablespoons chopped onions and 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- Deviled Egg Salad– add a few dashes of hot sauce and an additional 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Curried Egg Salad– add 1/4 teaspoon curry powder and omit bacon
- Avocado Egg Salad– add chopped up avocados
- Cheesy Egg Salad– Add 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese or any other soft cheese
- Everything Bagel Egg Salad– Add a dash or two of Everything but Bagel Seasonings and replace yellow mustard with dijon
- Horseradish– Add 2 teaspoons horseradish, replace onion powder with chopped red onion, replace yellow mustard with dijon
- Pesto Egg Salad- omit the onion powder and add 3 teaspoon pesto
What to serve with egg salad sandwiches:
- Crisp Marinaded Cucumbers
- Caprese Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries with dipping sauce
- Balsamic Sliced Tomatoes with Feta
Other Salad and Sandwich Recipes:
- Chicken Salad from canned chicken
- Cowboy Salad
- Tuna Melt
- Simple Macaroni Salad
- Mini Heart Kabob Sandwiches
Click HERE to save this Easy Egg Salad Recipe to Pinterest
Southern Egg Salad
- large bowl
- Chop up your hard boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, dry mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika.
- Fold together all ingredients until completely combined and taste. Adjust your seasonings ie salt pepper or pickle juice.
- Add your crumbled cooked bacon pieces and stir to combine. Or at this time your could add any other variations as shown below. Place in refrigerator until cool.